Komodo Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weeksd

Contributor
Reaction score
Variety of diving is what keeps me returning to Komodo. I have done four trips and will do more in the future. Blue water and green water. Divesites have white sand, grey sand, black sand and muck divesites. You also dive on a live volcano so the sand is very warm and a bubble shower from the volcano. Water temperatures also have alot of variety from 72 degree to 84 degree. Reefs are very healthy due to the currents which bring nutrients. There are very few bare patches of reef. The marine life is very healthy with very little fishing done so the sites have schools of fish. After most dives the creature ID books are well used as many new species to see. The ability to find unidentified species is also a bonus. A couple of the octopus species i have photographed have not been identified as new species. They have been seen for a couple of years but not identified by scientists. Topside scenery varies also as you see volcanoes and interesting island scenery. Komodo dragons can be seen on the land tours of either komodo island or rinja island. The park rangers do a very good job on the hikes. On rinja island horeshoe bay dragons are usually seen on the beach. On trips to the next divesite the currents have to be seen to be believed. Whirlpools and rapids in water a few hundred feet deep. For photography i use a nikon d40x in an aquatica housing with a nikon 16-85mm lens. For strobe i use and ikelite AI strobe. Wideangle to macro can be done on alot of sites. My website has some land photos but most are underwater photos.

reefscenics' Photos | SmugMug
DSC_0228 (1).jpgDSC_0225.jpgDSC_0020 - Version 3.jpgDSC_0051.jpg

Yup ...!

Back
Top Bottom