Komodo V Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vidiotic

Registered
Reaction score
Never been to Sippidan but have dived komodo in the past. So if you had 2.5 weeks where would you go? Would love to give Ambon and Alor ago but due to time restraints its just not going to be possible.

Hi!

If you are heading for Indonesia I would look at Bunaken & Lembeth. 2.5 weeks might a little too tight to fit in Raja Ampat which is really worth it. If you are flexible on time I would definitely check it out.
Sipadan is fantastic and you can go wrong there.
Now, weather is a decisive factor; what time of the year are you thinking of going?

If you want to dive Sipadan, be sure your operator will be able to get permits for you to dive the island of Sipadan. Operators are based in Mabul, and one at Kapalai. Both a short fast boat ride to Sipadan.

Great diving at Mabul and Kapalai too. Especially if you like macro.

I loved Sipadan. When I was there in '08 we were allowed to dive Sipadan every day. When my friends went in 2010 they were permitted only two days out of 8. Some divers at their resort got NO permits.

2and a half week time in Indonesia is possible for Alor and Ambon
Example:
Day 1 flight to alor
6 nights in alor
Day 7 flight to bali
Day 8 flight to ambon
6 night in Ambon
Day 15 flight to Bali or Jakarta

Or course you spend 4 days flying for the whole trip, would be better to do only one location.

Back
Top Bottom