Komodo vs Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luko, you can find Wobbegongs and pygmy seahorses in Komodo, I did actually. If I'm note mistaken, Gerry Allen's method is to set a plot and count the species in that plot (say a 10mx10m plot). Yes, it yielded the highest count of species, but those species you can pretty much find somewhere in Komodo, especially if you're doing 3-6 days of diving. And the average diver probably don't get anywhere near being able to identify as many species as Gerry's count throughout their dive.

As I said, the above water experience is purely personal, and I personally do not see coppery sunsets over dry savannah that much. :D

For the record. I saw a couple of wobbegongs in Komodo actually, as well as some Pygmy seahorses. Komodo dragons are awesome, as is the Komodo scenery.That said, I haven't been to RA yet and am very excited about my trip to Misool in March.

At the end of the day I think this is basically splitting hairs between two phenomenal diving destinations. You'll have a wonderful time in either - but really if you must decide which is better you'll just have to do both and compare. Life's full of tough choices...why make this one of them?

Back
Top Bottom