L Street - Night Dive 10/10/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From a marine forecast - Point Pleasant Area
[SIZE=+1]THU NIGHT[/SIZE]
W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS
4 TO 6 FT. MAINLY IN SE SWELL WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF
8 SECONDS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS UNTIL EARLY MORNING. VSBY 1 TO
3 NM EARLY IN THE EVENING.

It may be doable - I am hoping it settles down a bit so the inlet is clear... West wind is favorable...

wait a minute i was all up for thursday but 2:30 am on a worknight :confused:

---------- Post added October 15th, 2014 at 05:06 PM ----------

:sleepy::sleeping: -dreaming about sea horses

wait a minute i was all up for thursday but 2:30 am on a worknight :confused:

---------- Post added October 15th, 2014 at 05:06 PM ----------

:sleepy::sleeping: -dreaming about sea horses

Now you see how this all works... plant a seed and watch it grow... I checked my Friday meeting schedule - looks lite - get in the water at 1:30am go till 3 or just after - drive home - quick rinse of equipment and myself - in bed by 5am and up at??? LOL or Stay Up All Night :shocked2:
You can dream of sea horses and squid or go find them... :D

we can do it saturday morning:D high tide 3:52am with west wind

Ok - I may end up trying both nights depending on the weather... Twice the chances of finding some sea horses... :D
Next weekend too - tides should be more in our favor if the weather holds out.

---------- Post added October 16th, 2014 at 11:55 AM ----------

Tonight for me is not looking good - Fri / Sat may be better for me now. I have some family activities that I apparently forgot about in my zest for trying to get out and dive... :D

Just a follow up - drove down for the 4am high tide. Looked at the boat ramp and could see the bottom but once in the water we called the dive. It was maybe 6 inches to a foot visibility. So for those of you that stayed in bed last night that was the right call... Dove about 3.5 mins only to thumb the dive and do an early morning rinse after a White Castle stop at 5am - should have thumbed that decision too - still feeling the sliders this morning... :D

Were you the SUV that pulled to the very end of the boat dock and parked? Or the two trucks cross-parked for chatting? I caught the tide even later, and made it a done at sun-up dive. Water was gone by then so a long hard march along the sea wall with doubles. The boat ramp was very busy in the AM, couldn't sneak under the ramp to the floating dock for an easy exit.

OMG, the viz was horrid. Had fun though, mostly poking through the sea lettuce in the kiddie pool, never got past the sailboat pier. Lots of little stuff but had to be right on top of it. I couldn't see/identify the red seaweed past one foot. That is how I call viz here, agree, this morning was 1/2 to 1 foot.

Reconfigured gear, way off balance to the point that it was hard to dive so not much regret about the viz.

White Castle, sorry I missed it. :rofl3: (Yeah, I get the craving now and again too...)

Yep - the SUV - we tried to get in an hour early... If it was a first dive of the season maybe I would have struggled to continue - but we were going for video and critter cam - lol - who knew the water was warm and calm...
I remember White Castle being a lot better in my mind... :D

Back
Top Bottom