La Laguna Beach Club/Dive Center, Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
Has anyone used this facility before? I am thinking of going there in November or early December with some friends. How is it in comparison with other resorts nearby such as the Atlantis?

Thanks for the info.

Both LBC and Atlantis have well run dive operations, they are 2 of the top 3 dive resort operators (Asia Divers being the third) in PG. Therefore it depends what you are looking for when you are out of the water.

LBC is on Big Lalaguna Beach which is a little hike from any night life but the beach is very nice there. If you are looking to laze around on the beach then its the place to stay. Atlantis is in the middle of Sabang, so its close to night life if that's what you are looking for.

Either place is very reputable and both do a good job.

Thanks for all the info. Now I am trying to decide where to go with my friends, PG or Sangalaki. Any idea on which places have the better dive? I heard PG definitely has clearer water but the mantas/jelly fish lake at Sangalaki is hard to resist!

Can't comment on LBC as I've never stayed there but I did stay at Atlantis PG last December. Its a great place, superb accommodation and food and the diving is fantastic. Having said that I did not find that the viz was any better than at Sangalaki, in fact it was probably worse but I may have been unlucky. I am going back this December after spending some time also in Derawan & Nabucco (Borneo) and Tufi & Loloata (PNG). I have also got a week booked at Atlantis Dumaguette. Leaving the UK on the 4th November and come back here on the 30th December - can't wait!!

Maggie, sounds like you have a very good trip planned.
For our November trip, we pretty much decided on Sangalaki although one of us will make a quick trip to PG first (not me unfortunately). When are you going to be in Nabucco?
We decided that we are going to stay at Nabucco Island rather than at Sangalaki Dive Lodge and most likely will be there from Nov 22-28th.

LBC is not a bad place especially if you want to avoid the noisy nishtlife. Atlantis is one of the areas to be in if you want to be near the action.

LBC is located in the quieter Big Lalaguna beach whereas Atlantis is located in the Sabang beach area ( The noisy hub ). It therefore depends on if you want a quiet area or a more active area. Atlantis has, in my opinion better amenities as regards its living quarters.

One thing I don't like with Atlantis is that if you're on the first floor and eating breakfast at the "seaside" restaurant you get a great view of another restaurant which is right at waters edge.

I cannot comment on the diving operations since I have dove with neither of the two:D

SSRA - We will be in Nabucco from 8th to 13th November so I guess we will miss each other. How are you booking your trip? Is it organised through a Travel Agent in Thailand or are you doing it yourself? One thing to note is that the only other time I have visited there all the guests were German which will be a bonus for me as I prefer not to be in a place which is entirely inhabited by Brits. As far as I am aware there are no travel agents in the UK which run trips to Nabucco.

Maggie once bubbled...
SSRA - We will be in Nabucco from 8th to 13th November so I guess we will miss each other. How are you booking your trip? Is it organised through a Travel Agent in Thailand or are you doing it yourself? One thing to note is that the only other time I have visited there all the guests were German which will be a bonus for me as I prefer not to be in a place which is entirely inhabited by Brits. As far as I am aware there are no travel agents in the UK which run trips to Nabucco.

I am booking it through an agent specialized in scuba diving here in Thailand who is an agent for Nabucco.
It might be a good thing that we are not there at the same time since in my group, there will be 1 Thai (myself), 1 American and 2 Brits :)

SSRA I asked for that one!! It's not that I don't want to dive with Brits (I'm one myself) its just that if I am on holiday I like to meet people from all over the globe and not just from the UK. However, as you've said we will miss each other anyway. Hope you have a great time, just make sure you miss Idul Fitri (25th 26th Nov I think) as it really does mess up flights during and for a day or so afterwards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom