La Perlita Closed???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Gordon that, as a visitor, I want to hear a country's "traditional" music, or at least something a little more old school, and if not that, then yes, just the sound of the waves, etc. But El Grad's point makes a lot of sense. When I'm in Florida I feel a little guilty that the workers have to suffer all day through endless Jimmy Buffett. I love Jimmy, and to me and apparently a lot of other old farts, that is simply the wonderfully corny soundtrack of a Floribbean vacation.

I kind of wish I understood more about the range of "Mexican" music. In Mexico City, there was a Mexican pop station I recall listening to. I sometimes listen to a Mexican music station on the radio at home, but I believe the genre is norteno or ranchera--nobody plays Mexican pop here. (No, I don't have satellite radio.) I suspect there are Mexican hip hop bands, too. And what is "Caribbean" music these days? That racket called Reggaeton? I realize that what I think of as traditional Mexican music is a small slice of Mexican music.

By the way, is there a thread on best places for visitors to go to listen to more traditional Mexican music?

I was not aware of that. WOW! Mexico just became a LOT LESS appealing to me as a retirement destination.

Their ballpark, their rules. Mexico has a loooooong history of outsiders' interfering in their political process. They've decided to reserve political activity for citizens.

But if you just want to complain and protest then keep it to yourself.

If political participation is that important to someone, they can go through the process to become a citizen. Otherwise, yes, there are plenty of great non-political causes.

Man I loved La Pearlita. Nice and out of the way. Hope it is open in October.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom