Ladydiver( The Scuba board)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cherinere

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't tell you how much I love this site and how useful it has been, can you tell all of us who started it and how it came to be? I know I am not the only one who wants to know.

Cher

Great question.
Sure other people are interested.
Shouldn't you ask the question on the "general questions" board?
Here it may me difficult to have a question!
Cheers

Cher,
I saw your question when you posted it. I didn't want to answer for LadyDiver, so I was hoping she would see it.
I know quite some time has gone by with your question unanswered. I know LadyDiver has been very busy and didn't mean to 'not respond'.
I can tell you I have met her husband KingNeptune who started this web site. They both are divers and live in San Diego. They both have full time jobs and are super busy! They started it all as a hobby and love for diving!
I have spoke to LadyDiver on the phone several times. She is a wonderful person. Very sweet and kind inside, and very interested in seeing women divers be treated equal and succeed.
I have heard she is also very pretty and has long hair down to her waist! A true mermaid.
Hope this helped!
:sunny:

Hi folks,

Sorry I missed this before, but as Natasha mentioned, things have been a little crazy around here.

Natasha, thanks to you for providing your answer. I would like to give you a little more detail.

It all started back in 1995 when I first got interested in diving. I started doing research online for some good resources and was disappointed in the information I was finding. At that point, King Neptune decided to do something about the lack of quality resources online and not just sit around complaining. And so Scuba Source was born.

It started out as a hobby of sorts and we went through several names before settling on Scuba Source. We contacted Jennifer King of the Women's Scuba Association for input on women's diving issues and ended up teaming up with the WSA. We started being contacted by a variety of people interested in having us post their article on our website and we were happy to have them. We also wanted to provide fun, interactive resources for divers so we included things like the free post card system and the classified add system.

Over time, things grew and grew and King and I had less and less time to work on other projects so we decided to take the plunge and make Scuba Source our full-time business.
Things have grown so fast since then that it almost makes my head spin and it's all because of you guys, our most important resource, our members. That's why if you every have any suggestions about how we can do better, we want you to feel free to let us know. Our goal has always been to provide quality information to the people who value it the most, the divers at large.

Anyway, I hope that fills in the blanks a bit.

Cheers,

LadyDiver,
Thanks.You filled in some blanks for even me! I didn't realize this was your full time job, and King Neptune's!
You two are terrific. Thanks for all the time you put into Scuba Source.
It's been a pleasure to know you both.
And tell King we miss his posts!
:sunny:

Thank you for not forgetting, I asked again on the General line so you will see it there and I hope you can copy over your reply for the men folk. Yes, three cheers and lots of toast to you all, you have been a great support group and a vast source of knowledge to one and all, carry on the great work! Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom