Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is dirty shirt the same as the desert tortoise road spot? I've only been to pleasant a few times and am quite clueless as to spots to dive up there.

No, it's not. To get to Dirty Shirt, drive past South Park Rd. (the road you turn on to get to Desert Tortoise). After you loop around on that road and start heading towards the lake again you'll see a road on the left. That goes to Dirty Shirt. It's easy to miss because you almost have to u turn to get to it. If you make it all the way to the Ranger Station, just turn around and look for it on the way back. On weekends you'll see a lot of activity there too.

Ok, I've added a couple high res maps of the West (dirty shirt / desert tortoise) side and East side (Vista Point) dive sites. be sure to pick "high res" version if you want to see all the details.

Just for fun, either compare the High Water and Low water versions (or look at the composite) and you can see what the "wall" that you're diving looks like when the lake is down.. at vista point, its the cut slope of the boat ramp :)

http://malone-az.com/pix/v/Scuba/LakePleasant/

azcaddman:
Ok, I've added a couple high res maps of the West (dirty shirt / desert tortoise) side and East side (Vista Point) dive sites. be sure to pick "high res" version if you want to see all the details.

Just for fun, either compare the High Water and Low water versions (or look at the composite) and you can see what the "wall" that you're diving looks like when the lake is down.. at vista point, its the cut slope of the boat ramp :)

http://malone-az.com/pix/v/Scuba/LakePleasant/

Thanks for the Photo's. I think I can find "dirty shirt" now. Been wanting to dive it for a while just to see what it's like. I think I know where every fence post and fire pit is off of desert tortoise.

Thanks

CB

Three of us are planning a dive at Dirty Shirt Tomorrow. Looking forward to a place we haven't dived yet.

Also trying out a new set of DIY dry gloves that I got off SB. They worked in the 11' pool last night so lets see at depth.

I'll update here on conditions.

CB

has anyone ever dove to the cmp facility that is at the bottom of the lake somewhere? I helped out at the facility prior to th new dam being built and the lake being expanded. We wer told at that time that the buildings were going to remain and be flodded over. I have always been curious if it is still there.

Tell me where the Cmp facility used to be, if you have some sort of map better, I'll dive there with my buddy and let you know if still there!!!!

yes do tell???
where exactly on the lake did the camping are sit prior to flooding it??
I would love to explore it

We dived Dirty Shirt today. Vis was pretty bad. Maybe 5-8 ft. Temp was 52 diverite degrees. We didn't see much on the first dive at all. We had taken off to the south of the road where it enters the water. We did something like 38' for 40 minutes. 2nd dive we took off down the road and then dropped of the right side. Found a huge man made stone wall and culvert going through it. Must go under the road. The opening looked to be about 8-10 feet across. Pretty cool and it we will dive it again to check it out. Vis got real bad out there. Just a few feet past 30'. I think we hit about 38' again and gave up on going any deeper. Just couldn't see. We lasted only 30 minutes on this dive.

Tried out my new DIY dry gloves and they worked perfect. I'll do a report in the DIY thread later.

Got to go warm up now.

CB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom