Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking maybe try some dives on Sunday if anybody wants to join I would be great, regarding the submerged CMP facilities, I went ahead and e-mail the park asking about it and they told me that the facilities were removed due to low water hazard, the only thing left is old roads and some slabs of cement.
too bad!!!

Dove Lake pleasant, night dive. 50 minutes near the ranger station max depth 45' water temp 56F, viz I would say around 10 to 15', really good, I could see all the way to where the light did not shine anymore.
Saw a lot of fish, a huge Large mouth bass, around 2.5' long, pretty unbelivable, I did not know they got that big, so at first I didn't give credit to what I was seeing. Quite a bit of regular size bass, I also saw channel cats and 2 flat head cats, which I heard they are not too common at pleasant.
Overall, great dive, this site is way better than Desert tortoise rd., vista point...
Have a good one
Andres

Sounds like a good dive. Were you over at Dirty Shirt? Or is there an easy entry area by the ranger station parking lot? I'm going to be at Pleasant on the 18th, might get in a night dive on the 17th if I get there in time.

Rob, this is how you get there: as soon as you turn left from peninsula rd towards the road that goes to dirty shirt, you have to take the first gravel road to the right, drive on that road as far as you can get, which will take you close to the Ranger station, that is the place, swim to the rocky tip that is gonna be on your right and dive to the left towards dirty shirt. you can't beat this place, if you stay from 40' to 25' you'll se lots of walls and overhangs, I haven't gone too much deeper than that just because is cold now, but Im sure that it gets pretty deep there.
I wish I could join you there, but the only day I can make out it is on the 15th.
have a good dive
andres

andresrumis:
Rob, this is how you get there: as soon as you turn left from peninsula rd towards the road that goes to dirty shirt, you have to take the first gravel road to the right, drive on that road as far as you can get, which will take you close to the Ranger station, that is the place, swim to the rocky tip that is gonna be on your right and dive to the left towards dirty shirt. you can't beat this place, if you stay from 40' to 25' you'll se lots of walls and overhangs, I haven't gone too much deeper than that just because is cold now, but Im sure that it gets pretty deep there.
I wish I could join you there, but the only day I can make out it is on the 15th.
have a good dive
andres

I just looked at a aerial view of the area and I think I know where your diving. I may try to get out there on the 18th too, with a few other divers. Sounds like you had better vis then the last time we dove across the way at Dirty Shirt.

So how is the walk to the water from where you parked? Just wondering if I should dive my doubles. Can I drive to the edge?

CB

now that the lake level is high, you can park right by the water.
have a great dive
andres

I haven't been on the Board in a couple of weeks. I did dive Dirty Shirt on the 18th. I'll post a dive report in a few days. It was a very interesting dive, to say the least. I'll have to check out the other location next time I'm up there. Thanks for the info, Andres.

Well, after all this talk of the location over near the ranger station, we decided to check it out on sunday.

5-10 of vis i'd say, with the 10 being right against the bottom, when we were at 60-65ft, was nice to dive a 'wall' vs the usual mud & twigs. saw a few fish, and the usual collection of cans/bottles/shade umbrella/fishing lures & line.

temp was a refreshing 51°

some pictures below.. these were with a 20mm wide angle lens (on a film camera), most taken at a distance of 1-2' from subject, no flash, ambient light only.

the last picture is from a couple years ago, when the lake level was down about 40-45' from where it is now, you can make out the rock walls that are currently at a depth of 20-35'

Azcaddman, Im glad you liked the spot( picture 21a), water is really high now. I haven't dive that deep there yet I usually stay at around 45 to 25 now that is cold.
Night diving there is even nicer than day, a lot of fish comes out.
Good dive
Andres

Hello, everyone. I'm somewhat new to the board, but thought I'd introduce myself and ask a question at the same time?

Anyone want to dive pleasant Thursday afternoon (2/23)? It's been a while for me, I have some new gear, and I'm going on a dive trip next week. I want to get wet before I go. I know its a weird time/day to go...but its all I can do. Besides...there shouldn't be too many boats and jetskiers. :) If someone wants to go, let me know ASAP as I would have to rent a 7mil suit (haven't bought one yet). I could probably start around 1:00 - 2:00 PM (or even later if necessary).

Thanks...I look forward to meeting you guys eventually.

Back
Top Bottom