Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two things...

Anyone diving this weekend?

And is this new spot by the Ranger Station before or after the road which heads up to the station itself? On the way up to Dirty Shirt, there is a dirt road before the road to the ranger station which is pretty steep and leads to the water. There's also a dirt road if you pass the road to the ranger station which turns back and leads to the water. From this spot, you can see Dirty Shirt, and swim along the wall (on your right) around the ranger station. Which spot is it, or is it somewhere else.....?:hmmm:

Not diving this weekend, unfortunately. Can't get out till mid week. As for the new spot, I think you need to turn on the access road to Dirty Shirt and make a right before getting to the water heading towards the station. It's the cove just to the other side of Dirty Shirt. I'll be up there sometime in March to check it out. You might want to check out Dirty Shirt though. Last weekend I was diving the road and headed off to the right just for a change of scenery. On the way back I came across something. As I was swimming I saw something ahead of me that had too definite a shape. I thought it was a boat at first. It ended up being a car sitting in about 10 feet of water just off the road. No bodies, got the plate number, sent up a SMB and called the SO. It ended up being stolen. I was going to hook it for them but they couldn't get a tow truck out that day. They were talking about setting up a training dive for Wednesday, but just in case. Just get on the right edge of the road on land, take an 85-90 deg heading and swim out to 10 feet deep. It's a Hyundai Elantra 4 door. Hasn't been there too long judging from the lack of silt. Looks like they stopped at the top of the hill, put it in drive, and let it go.

The area we went a couple weeks ago, you turned towards dirty shirt,then took the 1st right.. till you couldnt go any further, then got in the water.

thanks for the map... that where we went last time, just wasn't sure if thats what everyone was talking about. The vise asn't too good, but it was a nice change from desert tortoise.

Did 6 dives off of Desert Tortoise Road on Saturday. Rainy, cold ... the water was the most pleasant environment of the day. When we got out there around 9A, there were a ton of people. One shop bailed because of the weather -- they are going to Cozumel next week and thought it would be more enjoyable than Lake Pleasant ... go figure.

Anyway ... Air Temp: 48 Degrees. Water Temp 50 Degrees. Visibility East of the paved road about 10+ feet. Saw some bass and perch. Actually, because there was little sun, we saw lots of fish. Heard a group from Ultimate Dive lost a dive flag due South around 40-50 feet.

Next dive weekend ... Northern Channel Islands.
See you at the lake soon!

jcf

Dove the wall by the Ranger station Saturday. Definitely one of the better sites in Pleasant. Walked into the cove and dropped down on the ledge at about 10'. Went over the ledge and dropped to the bottom at about 60'. Water temp 54 deg. No significant thermocline felt. Viz about 10'. A little bit of a current pushing us into the wall. Found a couple of small pseudo caverns at the bottom of the wall, maybe about 8' of penetration before hitting the back or getting too small to go any farther. Definitely a repeat site. Also looking forward to checking this site out in August or September when it's dry. :D

Dove Spillway 03APR06 (by Ten Lane Boat Ramp)
Temp: 56 Degrees
Visibility: 10(ish) feet
Dove wet for first time in a while - very comfortable

Dove Desert Tortoise Road (4/7/2006):
About 6 of us in the water.

Surface (down to 20 feet) visibility was excellent. Probably 15+ feet.
Below 30' dropped to about 10 feet.
Water is definitely warming up ... 58 to 60 degrees depending on who's computer you trust.

Bass were hanging out in nesting spots. Saw several of them.

A buddy and I dove off Two Cow this last saturday Morning and things are looking good at the lake. We had close to 15 foot vis at various depthes. We droped down to a little over 60 ft on one dive and the temp was in the low to mid 50's. The was visable thermalcline on the way back up somewhere between 30' and 40'. above we were pushing the temp to 60 oceanic degrees.

The fish were out too. We saw lots of the mid size cat fish and several mid to large bass.

It was just a good day of diving at the lake.

CB

Dove Pleasant last week, the wall between Dirty Shirt and the Ranger station. Water temp 62 deg. Thermocline around 40ft that dropped the temp around 10 deg. As the day progressed, the thermocline rose. Hit is at 35ft during the last dive. Viz was an incredible (for Pleasant) 15-20ft. Felt a slight current at the wall. Also hit a vertical thermocline as we swam north and came out of cover of the wall. Also saw a dozen or so fish hanging around some rocks. They were pretty curious and swam right up to our masks. A good couple days of diving.

Did also see some activity over near the Ranger station Friday afternoon. Lots of emergency vehicles and 3 choppers in the air. Never found out what happened, but I'm guessing it had to do with the kids that were hanging around where we were and moved over to the area of activity after a bit. Anyone hear about this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom