Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver:
I hope that these maps will help in clearing up some the names we all have given particular spots were we have dove at.

Like in a previous post where called a cove "Pleasant Cove." I now know that I wasn’t given the correct name. Heck, I still don't know the name of the cove where we were at even after looking at the map. All I remember is that we were just over a hill from a very large marina and on top the hill sat a port-a-john.

I think you're talking about Vista Point. Did you go in the main entrance where the RVs, store, etc are? If so, it's Vista. It costs a little more to get in there and I think that's the only decent site on that side. When the water level is low, that site isn't easily accessible.

I dove vista point a good while ago, and it was ok, but I have been thinking about the wall that is to the right of the big boat ramp close to vista point, I think that would be a great dive site, the only thing would be boat traffic during the day. Maybe it would make a great night diving spot.
have a good dive
Andres

Hi everybody, dove Scorpion bay on Sat. Viz was excellent, about 15ft at 40 ft depth and at 60ft depth it was around 10ft. Dove with Craig and Adam, both good guys and great divers. The water temp was around 57-60 degrees at depth (nytec Duo). It was an all around great afternoon of diving. Craig and I are planning to be out there for the night dives on the 24th after work.

phatso-29, glad to hear you had a great dive. I'm going to try to get up there one more time before the 24th, just not sure when right now. Looking forward to meeting you guys at the end of the month.

Rob,

You going to be able to do a evening/night dive on the 24th? I'd like to dive the walls thier at Scorpian Bay again. JD and I will try to be up there around 6:00 pending traffic. We may have a few more divers with us too.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

CB

CB, we're sleeping in our van the 24th, so a night dive is definite. Can't wait to meet everyone!

phatso-29:
So youre sleeping in a van down by the river, er, lake?:D
JD

Yeah, so if it's a r....never mind... :D

Dove the wall on Sunday night, viz around 15', temp was 62F, with the termoclime at around 35' to 40', overall a nice dive, first time I see Carp, and saw 2 of them, a nice size fish and not shy at all, hanged around the lights for a good while. Also plenty of bass.
Hopefully the water temp is gonna rise fast, so I can start using a 3mm full suit, my
6.5mm Mares semidry is quite a show to get in and out from.
Keep diving!!
Andres

Dove Vista Point on Wednesday night.
Temp above 27 feet was 65 Suunto Degrees
Temp Below 27 Foot Thermocline was around 60 degrees.

Visibility was decent - about 5-10 feet.
Saw lots of Bass.

Probably diving next Saturday night (20MAY)

jcf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom