Lake Rawlings August 4, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Skip Chappel and I are going to go to Lake Rawlings for a day on August 4, 2007. Is anyone else planning on being there that day? I want to check out an older, but hardly used Scubapro Classic style BC I bought on e-bay and make sure everything is good before I head out on a VA Beach dive later this summer.

Hey there Dennis, I believe my wife & I will be there for a final tune-up in her drysuit before our trip to Lake Erie Aug 18/19.
Keep me informed for your Va. Beach dive, if you are looking for a hard core Va. Beach diver buddy.

RAD Diver, I am interested in doing some dives this August or September off VA Beach. I would really like an experienced VA Beach diver to show me the area, so I really appreciate the offer. I have not dived out of VA Beach yet, but I would like to do some diving there. PM me your phone and e-mail and I'll get in touch with you so we can talk while we are at Lake Rawlings.

Well, Skip and I had a great day of diving. We got there early, dived, had a great lunch thanks to Skip, and dived again. Sorry we didn't get to meet up with you guys, but without a Scubaboard sign hanging on your stuff, there is just no way to know who is who.

Skip was very comfortable with his OMS BP/W set up by the second dive and my old Scubapro BC worked just fine. I need to get some brass clips for my BC before I take it in the ocean, but I am very pleased with it.

Hey Dennis was he using a bungied wing? I saw someone walk right by us to rinse it off at the shower. I mentioned something about a bungied wing of death.LOL We were right there, we had drysuits with blue drygloves.
I was hard to miss when suited up, carrying an alum 80 stage bottle slung.
We got there right about 9am & left about 3pm.
Sorry I missed you.

There was a really tall older guy with a bungied wing, same make (OMS) that set up right next to our tarp. Skip and I were right next to a picnic table on the left of the lake entrance about half way down. I probably saw you guys, but unless you have a Scubaboard sticker on your forehead, it's hard to make contact. I'll send and e-mail when I can get time to go out with Lynnhaven or who ever you are interested in going out with. I would like to stay with the shallower dives in the area until I get a bit more experience here.

RAD Diver:
I mentioned something about a bungied wing of death.LOL
OH HOOOOO!

I see how you are now RAD! I've been diving with you for months and happen to use one of those "bungied wings of death" ya know!

I feel wounded.... :D :D :D

I'm up in New Jersey this weekend visiting friends. Unfortunately, I couldn't fit a dive in because of the return trip time on Sunday...

See ya bro...

Does anybody have a map of the lake and the atractions for Lake Rawlings, that they can post?

I've seen a map somewhere, but I don't have one. That would be a nice thing to have.

Back
Top Bottom