Lake Thurmond/ Clark Hill- Finally Vis!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you had fun. Great navigation to the 3 big rocks. That is a fair bit of a swim from the plane staying on course and a fine bit of navigation. Next time after leaving (passing by)the three big rocks, stay on the slope at the 50' level (stay at 50'). You will go past a piece of cable and then again after about 30' or so another piece of cable.After passing this second cable, head upslope at about a 45 degree angle off your course from the 3 big rocks. The pool filters should come into view shortly, then continue on upward(West towards the parking lot) to the 35-40' ledge. The journey from the 3 big rocks to the pool filters is a bit more challenging. Still sounds like a good dive. Yes, the vis does drop as you go through the thermocline near 25' but opens quickly as you pass through it (a little cooler though:D).

Time for that back to the books thing huh?

Looks like maybe the storms will stay offshore so we will be diving Sat am. @8:30a Come join us if you are still in town.

Sounds like you had fun. Great navigation to the 3 big rocks. That is a fair bit of a swim from the plane staying on course and a fine bit of navigation. Next time after leaving (passing by)the three big rocks, stay on the slope at the 50' level (stay at 50'). You will go past a piece of cable and then again after about 30' or so another piece of cable.After passing this second cable, head upslope at about a 45 degree angle off your course from the 3 big rocks. The pool filters should come into view shortly, then continue on upward(West towards the parking lot) to the 35-40' ledge. The journey from the 3 big rocks to the pool filters is a bit more challenging. Still sounds like a good dive. Yes, the vis does drop as you go through the thermocline near 25' but opens quickly as you pass through it (a little cooler though:D).

Time for that back to the books thing huh?

Looks like maybe the storms will stay offshore so we will be diving Sat am. @8:30a Come join us if you are still in town.

No kidding about the drop in temperature at the thermocline, it's always a bit of a shock for me in my 3/2. It did make the safety stops something to look forward to, the water was quite enjoyable at that depth. The fish get pretty friendly when you just sit still on the rocks for a while.

Yes, it's time to head back up to Nashville and begin working more in the vertical realm then the underwater realm (I work part time at a climbing gym). Hopefully I'll find a weekend or two to head down to Madison in north Alabama for some dives.

I wish I could make it this weekend, if only y'all had sunk the plane a week earlier! I'm heading out Friday evening. I'll be sure to get some dives in once I'm back in December, hopefully I can make the New Years dive this year.

Thanks as always for the help on the dive plans! Definitely made for some great dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom