Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvilleStang:
it's truely an exciting time in history, here, ladies and gentlemen

ah, why is it an exciting time in history. Just because the lake levels are going up??? I can think of many more historical things going on that are far more important...

LVX:
ah, why is it an exciting time in history. Just because the lake levels are going up??? I can think of many more historical things going on that are far more important...

YEA,,,as in, I am finishing up my Taxs today and sending them off! :eyebrow:

LVX:

Because the upper lake ramps are in the water again, so my buddy will be taking his boat out again, which means more opportunity to dive different places:) even if all still in Travis. 65 miles is a lot a lake with a lot of different underwater lanscape to dive(on those occasions when you can actually see it before you run into it :D )

NadMat:
Because the upper lake ramps are in the water again, so my buddy will be taking his boat out again, which means more opportunity to dive different places:) even if all still in Travis. 65 miles is a lot a lake with a lot of different underwater lanscape to dive(on those occasions when you can actually see it before you run into it :D )

Still don't see the historical importance... I agree it makes for better diving - Bluebonnet Hole, Tom Hughs, Starnes Island, Shaker Plant, etc....

PvilleStang, i'm with you ;-) hope we get more and more rain

Yep, someone needs to get a life.

Yes, indeed. Speaking as an earth scientist, I can vouch that it's historic. Just imagine, the sediments that are being brought into the lake (contributing to low vis, of course) will eventually settle and become a fine layer on the bottom. One day (perhaps many moons from now, if Texas weather patterns are any clue) other rains will bring in more such sediments. Eventually, in the long course of geologic time, these layers could become compressed strata of rock. Therefore, this ample plethora of silt laden waters coursing into the lake is, without a doubt, hysterical...er, historical.

Okay, now before I get flamed, you do realize that this was all tongue in cheek, right?

Guba:
Okay, now before I get flamed, you do realize that this was all tongue in cheek, right?

If you have to say it......

Unfortunately on scubaboard you almost always have to say it :)

~Jess

The lake is full at 681 feet above sea level. It's about 660 now and rising! Depth of 251 max sounds right.

Carlos and Charlies has been beggin everyone to quit watering their yards so the lake will come up high enough so the drunk college kids can park their boats downstairs.

It will be nice to see more water in the lake though. The Colorado goes through this all the time though. In 84 and 00 we went through a similar scenario. Lakes down and then a huge flood fills it up again. That's why they built Mansfield Dam anyway.

Back
Top Bottom