Lanier Looney Birds...Dive Club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

William Foreman

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I hope all went well July 1, 2006 I wish I would have known and made plans to meet with yall for a great day of diving.

Is Lanier Looney Birds a dive club if so do yall have a web site. Im interested in a dive club that likes to go diving.

Please let me know

Thanks

Welcome William,
The Lake Lanier Looney Birds is a close group of individuals who started meeting and diving regularly at Lake Lanier. The Kraken suggested the name Lake Lanier Loonie Birds and that's what we have been called ever since. We took the name because at the time all of us regularly dove Lanier in wetsuits all during the winter in temps that were in the low 40's, we MUST be LOONIE! We have an annual New Year's Day dive. This is where our "pledges" must become "official" Lanier Loonie Birds. To become Official you have to make the New Year's day dive. Dive a min. profile of 20 feet for 20 minutes!

I have registered a web domain but haven't made anything for it as of yet. (We dive too much and well, I don't have much spare time). We are very active on this board so keep an eye out here. This is where we will post info, questions, trips, get togethers, etc. Keep an eye out for the August Dive-N-Dine. Anywhere we are going to show up, please come on out and dive with us. Everyone is welcome. Our group runs from OW divers up thru DM & Instructors...even got a Caver or two in the group.

Did I get it about right TK?

Jeremy

Yep, cept it's "Looney Bird".

Come join us, William. You won't be disappointed!

the K

The Kraken:
Yep, cept it's "Looney Bird".

Come join us, William. You won't be disappointed!

the K

Dog-gone-it!!!!:shakehead It's the little things that keeps hanging me up. When will I ever learn?

Jeremy

JKSteger:
To become Official you have to make the New Year's day dive. Dive a min. profile of 20 feet for 20 minutes!

Using what type of exposure suit?

seems too easy:D

Whatever they bring! I did it in a 5mm with a tropical triweight under it (so 6.5 mm at core).

Mike

yukoneer:
Using what type of exposure suit?

seems too easy:D

Well, remember originally we all dove WET for new years day. My first New Year's Day Dive was 1/1/05.

36' for 28 minutes.
Surface Temp. 60F
Bottom Temp. 49F
...This was done in a 3/2mil, hood and gloves!!! I about froze. We also treaded water for about 10 minutes before anyone descended.

JKSteger:
...This was done in a 3/2mil

now that is LOONEY for sure! :)

How was the viz in LL over the wintertime? In the colder seasons, lakes in NY have so much better viz than over the summer...

Every now and then we'll get some 20 to 30' !!!!

the K

Here is my profile from my new years dive...47 degrees for 27 minutes visibility 8-10 feet in a 5mm with a triweight tropical under it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom