Lanier - WBP 9/18/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaPT

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Woo hoo, look at this we have our own little forum.
Looks like I'm number one, that is a real surprise.
Well, I expected to see Kraken and Corigan out at WBP today trying out their new drysuits, like they really need those, but no one was around.
Wasn't sure that I would be diving today, but my dive buddies spouse volunteered to watch my 7 yo, so off we went.

We had two wet dives today at the Mask cove. Max depth was 42 feet on dive 1 and 34 on dive 2. Temps were in the upper 70's to low 80's and the viz was around 5 feet. Saw some muck, trash and a few bass. Mainly just enjoyed floating around, working on bouyancy and other dive skills with Mark. We did make some changes to his setup to get him horizontal in the water which helped tremendously, now just need to get him to learn to frog kick.

We really need to get up there one weekend and do a clean-up. Seems like I see more trash on each dive up there. It's like the stuff is reproducing. Mask cove appears to have a worse problem than the back cove. It would be nice to get a big group up there and haul out some of the trash.

Heya Allen! Yeah, we finally have our own little area so we can open as many threads as we like without having to hijack everyones else. This way we don't bother other people either with our rattling on. Thanks again Tech Admin for setting this up for us, and everyone else at scubaboard for giving us this oppurtunity and space to utilize.

I agree on the trash. Kyle and I have done a few clean-ups on the divers cove, but not the mask cove. I have a big collection bag and would love to get up there to do a few clean-up dives at mask cove.

TK's radiator broke down in his car so he had to play mechanic today so we didn't get up that way. I was dead tired from rolling in late last night from Alabama Blue Water (60' viz in spots, it was awesome), and only being on 4 hrs of sleep I went straight to bed. Of course I left my jacked up doubles in the backseat and woke up to the lovely sound of gas escaping at the neck o-ring on one. Blew the o-ring out the side of the valve. So I got to dismantle the doubles and noticed there was some light rust in my brand new crossbar. Time to take it back for a return! This o-ring was a blessing in disguise, since now I can take the crossbar back and get a new one. I'm also glad it failed on land before my cave course next week. Of course I'm going to be scrambling around to get them fixed before I leave at the end of the week for North Florida.

Maybe we could all schedule a clean-up dive for when I get back, it is definately a nobel cause.

Matt

Matt, thanks for getting the forum started !!!
Tech Admin, thanks for setting it up !!!

Sorry I couldn't make it up to WBP yesterday. Started working on replacing my radiator Satruday afternoon and finished up at 3 Sunday afternoon.

I'm up for a clean up.

the K

scubaPT:
We really need to get up there one weekend and do a clean-up. Seems like I see more trash on each dive up there. It's like the stuff is reproducing. Mask cove appears to have a worse problem than the back cove. It would be nice to get a big group up there and haul out some of the trash.
I was in the Marietta DS a few weeks ago and they had a flyer about doing a clean-up in September. I don't recall which weekend it was supposed to be though. I'm hoping to get wet this weekend somewhere.

m7scuba:
I was in the Marietta DS a few weeks ago and they had a flyer about doing a clean-up in September. I don't recall which weekend it was supposed to be though. I'm hoping to get wet this weekend somewhere.
You are definately correct. If I remember correctly it was going to be next weekend. My GF pointed it out to me, and I was a tad bit disappointed since it was going to be the weekend I am away in Florida at my classes. Maybe someone could go out there and persuade them to do the mask cove since Allen stated it needed it badly.

Matt

Hey, guys, I heard a rumor that the D/S store in Doraville was going to close.
Any of you heard anything about this?

The Kraken:
Hey, guys, I heard a rumor that the D/S store in Doraville was going to close.
Any of you heard anything about this?
I know they are putting a new store up near the mall of georgia, and they just moved into dive shop IV's old store here in Marietta so they could have a pool. I have not heard anything about if doraville is going to close or not.

Matt

Actually, it wouldn't make a great deal of financial sense to keep Doraville open if they're opening up at the Mall of Ga.

Sure would be inconvenient for me, however, seeing as how I'm only 1 mile away from the Doraville store when I'm at work.

Course I'm at no loss when it comes to accessability to LDS's anyway.

Corigan:
I know they are putting a new store up near the mall of georgia, and they just moved into dive shop IV's old store here in Marietta so they could have a pool. I have not heard anything about if doraville is going to close or not.

Matt
Didn't know about that. Now I will be able to drop my DW off at one the stores that interest her while I trot over to DS to get something that I "need" :D . Do you know when it's slated to open?

Hey, M7, you going to get "initiated" into the "Looney Birds" New Year's Day?????

What do you guys think the initiation dive should be?

Say a minimum of 30 feet for a minimum of 20 minutes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom