large mask needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfsidedav:
My current mask is a Scubapro Crystal Vu w/purge. It tends to leak around the upper lip or the sides if I turn my head too quickly. I've tried a couple of friends who have the same mask with the same problem. Also tried adjusting from loose to tight to no avail. I'm a big guy so I'm starting to think the "one size fits all" isn't exactly true. No, I don't have a pumpkin head before the jokes start flying. Does anybody have any suggestions for a mask that comes in sizes or maybe one that is larger than normal?
I've done a couple of searches but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I had the same problem. I'm not realy big but must have a wide face. I bought a " Tusa Visualator" because it was the biggest mask in the store. It's a single window low volume mask but what matters is that I put it on and it fit.

You do know how to try then on? Stck it on your face with _no_strap, just using suction. Then shake you haed around an see if it sticks on. Ive hadboth a black and clear skirt Visualator and prefer the black

As far as a mask with a wide skirt the Mares X Comfort seems to have the widest skirt to skin contact. You can te when you put it on because it really feels like it is covering your whole face.

I dont like the look of the X Comfort though? I wish mask companies would use this type of skirt with other mask designs. Has anyone seen a mask with a skirt like the X Comfort?

The mask is very personal issue. Some of you recommended X-Vision here, if you have big face (as me) don't buy it. I just sold mine as it couldn't fit my nose properly especially during equalization (and water got into the mask and you have to clear it every time you equalize).

Technisub Look and Ventura fits wide range of faces. I just bought Look and I will be testing it this week.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom