Las Vegas newbie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the Board and good luck with your up coming certification!

I used to live in LV in the late 80s and was certified there as well. I took a class at UNLV which was PADI sponsored-it was very inexpensive and the instuctor was great. It might be worth a try..? Im not sure if you need to be enrolled at UNLV or not? (I was) The OW was at Lake Mead
I would highly recommend the drift dive in the C River below Hoover Dam-Lots of fun, but COLD!

Welcome to the board. There are several options for getting your certifications. My wife just completed her certification through Cactus Divers on Sunset Rd. Steve (instructor) was great with my wifes class. My only suggestion is shop around for your gear. You will probably find it cheaper. Havent heard too many good things about Blue Seas. Sports Chalet has classes that are reasonable and quite flexable. Lake Mead is a good place to learn. There is a Scuba Park next to Boulder Beach. Vis is much better during the week. My wife and I dive there quite often. The scuba park is mostly for training and classes. Dont expect good vis if there are 5 shops there doing training. Keep in mind that they ARE training. Not everyone can keep from silting up the bottom at first. There is also Nelsons Landing at Lake Mojave. It is really nice there. Considerable thermocline at about 30' tho. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. :D

Drewpy:
I would highly recommend the drift dive in the C River below Hoover Dam-Lots of fun, but COLD!

Who (what shop?) was this dive through? I'm in Vegas in October and would love to get to dive.

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

You will find almost all of the information your are looking for on this board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom