Lasik surgury

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roooter

Registered
Reaction score
I had lasik surgury done several years ago (pre-diving days), & now need to have an enhancement done. how long do I have to wait to dive after this is done? I've heard anywhere from 45-60 days. my doctor is not a diver & really couldn't answer my question.

Thanks!!!!

Take a look at DAN's web site. This is addressed in their FAQ in which I think they recommend an additional two weeks over whatever time your doc gives as normal healing time. Also, so a search in this forum for LASIK and you'll find additional discussion.

My doctor told me I could dive in 3 weeks if I had to. Suggested I wait 30 days.

I haven't had the lasik done yet but have talked to the doctor several times. He operated on NASA divers and said you only need to wait 10 days before resuming diving. I'd wait a little longer I suppose. He said the idea that pressure on the eyeball might be cause for alarm is false. Diving doesn't harm the eye after lasik. (His thoughts not mine).

Diving after ten days is ok if the water is sterile. Infection is the biggest concern.
Lloyd

As Lloyd said, it the sterile thing. I forgot that the doctor said, infection is the problem not the pressure on the eye. :bogey:

My Doctor told me to wait 2 months. It is strictly for the infection risk. Your fist dive after your lasik surgery will be like a diving born again experience. I did not use an Rx mask so my pre-lasik diving was always blurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom