Latest Toy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well, after some great shots with my housed G9, I found myself using the video feature rather frequently.

So.. its rather natural that I move off from UW Photo to UW Video.

Here is my setup:

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

Top DAWG II Housing, using a Sony HC3 Camcorder with a 0.7X Wide lense

This is a natural progression! Welcome to the club. Video is the next photo. Before you just shoot and shoot...think of the story you want to tell...and start thinking of your themes. With video, it is all about the story! Let me know if I can help!

Oh, and the plan is to put in a HVRA1U camera into it by the end of the year.
I'm curious as to why...isn't the HVRA1U functionally an HC1 with XLR (sound) inputs?

Afaik the TopDawg has no ability to manually hit the assign button on the A1U so MWB isn't possible.

Or are you going for DVCAM compatibility?

I'm curious as to why...isn't the HVRA1U functionally an HC1 with XLR (sound) inputs?

Afaik the TopDawg has no ability to manually hit the assign button on the A1U so MWB isn't possible.

Or are you going for DVCAM compatibility?

Steve, you bring up a very valid point. I would not be using the camera for DVCAM compatibility. I am just looking for a camera that can handle Shading/Dark Video better than the HC3. I was hoping by the time I get around to looking for a A1U, Sony would have released another HDV camcorder.

I chose the A1U primarily because of the good reviews it has received for handling such image, and because I would like use of the microphone/audio setup on the surface.

I suppose the HC1 would be the wiser camera to buy as I can pretty much get a backup + main for the same money as the A1U

This is a natural progression! Welcome to the club. Video is the next photo. Before you just shoot and shoot...think of the story you want to tell...and start thinking of your themes. With video, it is all about the story! Let me know if I can help!

Definitely Appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
I think I will wait, improve my skills underwater and then move onto a new camera when Sony releases some new ones.

Back
Top Bottom