LDS Trip Pricing Out of Sight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eh :freak:

I agree. Don't like price, then don't book trip.

The difference is sickening, but maybe reasonable if ya'll consider:

-Need to pay shop rent ..... or ... taxes + mortgage for shop
-Need to pay instructor(s) salarary(ies)....let's face it, they have to feed the family and provide a roof over their heads
-medicare...asuming they are not fuqers and dodge this
-workers comp insurance...asuming they are not fuqers and dodge this
-electric bill
-overhead salaries for booking trip and customer service
-overhead salaries for negotiating with resort and the dive operators at the vacation destination
-overhead salaries for accounting
-per diem (ie food allowance) for instructors while on the trip
-some sort of profit
-overhead allowance for periods of the year that are characterized by slow business (ie christmas, etc.)
-etc. etc.

All this chit adds up!!!! Is there any wonder where the cost goes? Try running a shop and maintaining your current lifestyle.

Drewpy:
Scubadoobadoo I couldnt agree more-my sentiments exactly!
If I want to travel and dive in a herd Ill take a cruise ship!
My experiences with groups at resorts have not been pleasant either...?!:shakehead
I just came back from Bonaire as well 4/7-4/22 and choose to avoid the large resorts for that very reason!

Its interesting to hear everyones take on this subject....to each his own!

Drew

Are you serious? I especially love the cheesey Ar$e jokes and fascade commoderaodery of the dive host instructor!!! I am especially fond of joyfully walking down the street in a resort town together with 8 to 14 other people like an amoeba. :freak: That is soooo worth 400 bucks more!! Like omg, I cannot get enough :freak:

So....hey....we got this here freakishly cool subaboard resource, huh? How about asking eachother if you all wanna go on a trip together? I know, it's a novel idea. But hey, try it, you might like it:D

A member PMed me and asked me to comment on this thread.

I am a travel agent and do not own a dive shop. For 17 years I have sold travel with 7 of those years selling dive travel group trips.

As a travel agent we normally get paid 10% of what we sell. So I have not added an extra amount to my trips. For the last 6 years I have offered Bonaire for 7 nights at 799.00 a person. That means I receive 79.00 commission for that sale. Since I always offer a farewell party on my trips, some of that money goes back to the group party.

And as Joel said, we always have our own boats, with the benefit of picking the crew, and the dive spots.

While group travel isn't for everyone, there is no doubt for those of us that have done it, you are meeting and diving with people that will become life long friends.

Can you put a price on that?

:censored: DELETED due to non-constructive content :censored:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom