LDS vs. FL Keys Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They also have a location in Florida City that you pass before you get on the overseas highway to Key Largo. You could hit them first. That way if they don't have something you need they can check with the Key Largo store to see if they have it.

That is so true I was in Key Largo Divers Direct and they did not have what I wanted but the store in Forida City did when they called and they had someone drop it off the next day for me. They work well together which makes good customers for both shops. I can't wait for the opening of the new one in Marathon it will be almost like one stop shopping for me :DBank, Publix, K-Mart and Divers Direct all will be a block from each other.:eyebrow:

They also have a location in Florida City that you pass before you get on the overseas highway to Key Largo. You could hit them first. That way if they don't have something you need they can check with the Key Largo store to see if they have it.

And in Florida City, there's also Divers Supply next door so you can really do some comparison shopping. You'll also pass a Divers Supply on the way down in Jacksonville. And of course there's also a mega dive store at North Lake and I-95 in North Palm Beach and another mega store in the Bass Pro Shops complex at Dania Beach Blvd and I-95 :wink:

Nope, no shortage of mega dive stores here in S FL. :D

Jbest
welcome to the board from a transplanted Lancaster boy! How far are you planning on coming? Divers Direct also has a store here in Key West (speargirl, the latest word is they have decided not to open in Marathon, sorry). If you come the whole way you may be able to see the Vandenburg ( Sink the Vandenberg ) at the dock befor we sink it in May. It will be next to the Eco center, both will be worth checking out.

trtldvr
www.divealive.com

I agree with trtldvr, come visit Key West and check out the Vandenberg and Eco Center. As far as buying gear, check Divers Direct website to make sure they carry the brands you are interested in.

It's always been my impression that scuba gear is cheaper in the Keys. :eyebrow:

Price markups aside, it may not be a good idea to assume that you will be able to find everything you need to dive, just by browsing shops on the fly. What you want may not be in stock, or in your size, you *waste* time shopping around, etc...

Although I cannot think of anywhere else with so many dive shops so conveniently close to one another. Perhaps snooping around local dive shops has an allure all to its own? I know that I LOVE browsing a particularly "earthy" shop in Big Pine, just to take in the ambience.:coffee:

The shop you are probably referrring to is Underseas, Inc. on Big Pine Key. I will have to tell them they have been characterized as "earthy". Many (probably most) of the locals shop there.

Jbest
welcome to the board from a transplanted Lancaster boy! How far are you planning on coming? Divers Direct also has a store here in Key West (speargirl, the latest word is they have decided not to open in Marathon, sorry). If you come the whole way you may be able to see the Vandenburg ( Sink the Vandenberg ) at the dock befor we sink it in May. It will be next to the Eco center, both will be worth checking out.

trtldvr
www.divealive.com

We stay on Cudjoe Key (Venture Out), but we will make a few trips down to KW while we are there...my brother is taking his fiancé along and she has never been down. Thanks for the heads up on the Vandenburg...I believe I've been to the eco-center (near Truman Annex?) but It would be pretty cool to checkout the ship before they sink it.

Thanks again...you guys ROCK!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom