Le Gosier, Guadeloupe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huskychemist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a possible opportunity to travel to Le Gosier on Guadeloupe next summer and wondered about diving there. I've been to Dominica and absolutely loved it. But a search for Le Gosier on SB turned up nothing, and Guadeloupe turns up many non-relevant locations.

Any thoughts? I'd be staying near downtown Le Gosier.

Thanks in advance.

I have never been diving on Guadeloupe, but most of the French Caribbean islands don't get may hits on SB or on Google because, well, everything tends to be in French and non-French speaking people don't go there much. Martinique has some superb deep wreck diving, but you would never know.

Most of the diving on Guadeloup appears to be based on the Caribbean side, which is a bit of a hump from Le Gosier, but probably feasible if you get up early enough.

This link may help: Guadeloupe Scuba Diving Directory

If you do get underwater, be sure to post a trip report!

Guadeloupe has lots of diving and even one of Cousteau's world sites: Ilet Pigeon/Pidgeon Island. The French are avid divers so there are a number of operations all over the islands, not sure about Gossier. Marie Galant and the Ile des Saints are also just a boat (ferry) ride away.

Use seach word "Plongee" for your google seaches.

Also try this site:

http://www.lesilesdeguadeloupe.com/...0116-gb-plongee-sous-marine/-scuba-diving.htm

Sorry it's been a few years since I've sailed/dive this part of the Carib, so I can't be more specific. I do remember enjoying the diving and it was far superior to Dominica.

Excellent. Thanks for the tips. And if I end up going, I'll be sure to post a report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom