leaking first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I have decided to drive it to a service center and spend the money I saved by buying it online. Ironic, I really liked my Scubapro gear because the haven't sold out to online dealers, and the first time I step away from them I get bitten. lol Lessons learned....

I don't fully understand why you can not go back to the seller to make this right. BTW, Scubapro now allows authorized dealers to sell online including Ebay. And, Leisurepro is now an authorized Scubapro dealer. See what happened when you weren't looking.

You live in the only state where reg service may be reasonable. Then again you live North, but maybe you have good service close? I would have purchased a Zeagle as they are made in Zephyrhills, FL - 1 1/2 hours from your door. Assume any scuba gear you buy on EBAY may need service, especially regulators.

New Regs without a warranty are about the only scuba gear I avoid buying on Ebay as service costs can destroy any savings. Reg service runs minimum $60 for first and second. I assume the cost of service will be part of the total price when buying used. Learning to service your own can be worthwhile, but the classes can be expensive. A book is a good way to learn if you are mechanically inclined. Getting service parts may be difficult.

In any event, did you learn anything?

Nope, I just did 10 minute dive in the river hoping something majical would happen. But nada. And on the zeagle stuff, yes much better quality, I have a zeagle first and second on a pony bottle and side by side the quality difference is visually evident.

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 03:58 PM ----------

I don't fully understand why you can not go back to the seller to make this right. BTW, Scubapro now allows authorized dealers to sell online including Ebay. And, Leisurepro is now an authorized Scubapro dealer. See what happened when you weren't looking.

WOW!!!
I guess it was bound to happen. I am in the retail end of the billiard business, and Brunswick Billiards just did the same a couple years ago.
As for the seller, I emailed him and he isn't responding and I'm not wanting the hassle of returning then disputing etc. I would rather eat it and go ahead and have it fixed locally. There's a mares dealor in Crystal River a half hour away I am going to drop it off with them.

On line purchases are always a "pig in a poke" as far as technical equipment is concerned. Wet suits, fins and even masks are usually ok, but computers, regs, tank valves, etc. are things I want to acquire from someone who I meet face to face and can go see if there is an issue with the gear purchased. I blogged on this recently: "Buy New or Buy Used?" I have my biases about gear purchases, but they are the result of buying a lot of stuff, new, used, face to face and online over many years.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom