Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Frequently

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Every dive

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
You're not talking about the occasional moisture at your wrists right?

I mean, I get slight amounts of moisture, but I wouldn't call it a leak.

If the poll had "slight moisture" I would vote.

It sounds to me as though the suit is leaking slightly due to damaged seals, old seals or your undies in a wad underneath the seals ...

Green_Manelishi:
or your undies in a wad underneath the seals ...

this is just going from bad to worse

Green_Manelishi:
It sounds to me as though the suit is leaking slightly due to damaged seals, old seals or your undies in a wad underneath the seals ...
Is it not normal for slight moisture to wick up your wrists where veins and stuff are?

I don't think its my fleece's fault, the seals aren't old, i have a new seals for this winter. I have a DUI with zip seals, and it's just a small amount of moisture.

I don't wear dry gloves.

Green_Manelishi:
Kevlar, or Nomex?

Both,I had mistakenly thought kevlar was appropriate for
both the flames and bullets.:11: So,......Both.

howarde:
Is it not normal for slight moisture to wick up your wrists where veins and stuff are?

I don't think its my fleece's fault, the seals aren't old, i have a new seals for this winter. I have a DUI with zip seals, and it's just a small amount of moisture.

I don't wear dry gloves.

Not if my undies are where they should be.

Nor do I wear dry gloves; I will after I install the sets I've owned for a few years.

If you are happy that's fine. I was curious so that's why posted the poll.

My Viking does not leak at the wrist seals, every. It doesn't leak at the neck seals, it does get a bit of water on the head, but not much. Most of my hair is still dry, but around the chin gets damp. Can't seal the dryhood well there without a FFM. I also use drygloves during the Winter and of course never have leaks there either.

So, for the most part my drysuit is leakproof, but there is one thing I'd point out. A drysuit is never 100% dry, you get condensation in there during the hotter months and it's more of a damp suit. Try diving in 100 degree temps and you'll see what I mean, even 80 degrees will make you sweat and so damp is what you get.

That's where the saying there is no such thing as a dry drysuit comes from.

So far nice and dry expect for perspiration on springtime dives.

Pete

I have been conducting surveys on a dive boat I work on in San Diego. Seems like the newer the suit, the less it leaks. We had a boat filled with 8 DUI drysuit guys. None of them leaked. All the divers pretended like their suits never leak.

I'm a DUI suit diver but I've become accustom to leaks. The idea of sending in the suit for repair just isn't appealing. Go figure....

Only when I forgot to close the zipper....:11:

Mike

I believe the newer the suit the less it should leak, but I also believe that new suits do leak. I don't care what brand you champion, it's going to leak.

There are brands that might be less inclined to leak than others, but in the end I believe they will all leak.

What I believe is that drysuits made by stitching will leak before those made without punctures and then repaired by seam tape. There are a couple brands of drysuits made without stitching.

Back
Top Bottom