Leaky Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They aren't doing it for free.....but they did cut me a good break and are doing it more quickly than normal due to some dives I have planned next weekend. They get mega props from me for customer service.
That makes sense...

Wow...having trimmed it yourself, I'd say you are lucky they are replacing your seal.

Some manufacturers recommend pre stretching the seal for a day or two before trimming. I have on occasion had seals stretch out after trimming....

I've made the mistake of over-trimming my neck seal before. Even if it works at first, latex seals do stretch over time. So a comfortable new seal can be a leaky seal in 6 months.

Now I do pre-stretch. I put my neck seal over an AL80 overnight, and put some plastic cups in the wrist seals. Then I trim to un-comfortable. I want that neck seal feeling too tight, but not to where my face turns colors - but close. I've done enough of these now so that know the feel. It's uncomfortable out of the water, but I forget about it in the water. If I do this, then as I dive the suit and the seal opens up over the next 20 dives, it stretches out to the perfect fit and stays that way for the rest of it's life.

On my last over-cut neck seal, a ScubaBoard member was kind enough to send me a Bio-Seal, and that did work for me, and I got several more months out of the neck seal. Then one day I loaned the bio seal to a buddy, and now I can't get it back from him - over a year later.

Received my suit back today :D

New neck seal is perfect! It's the older type latex - not tapered - and the fit is very snug with good surface contact - needless to say I am very pleased and will be doing four dives this weekend - I am thinking I will be very dry :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom