Leaky Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jridg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had my fusion for a couple of months now and absolutely love it. The one issue I an having is the past couple of dives I noticed that I am damp on the front of my chest/stomach area post diving. I need to do a little more research into this but it does not seem to be the neck seal. It appears that I am getting some water either through the zipper or the inflator. Any ideas from Whites?

Hi There,

It sounds like the water may be coming in through your inflator valve as you have suggested.

First of all, make sure that the valve is hand tight before you dive and do this every time you dive as they can come loose. If that dosen't work then you should take your valve apart and check for any dirt and debris in your valve and around the plastic washer.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski
Whites Manufactruing

Thanks for the reply - I noticed the valve was not quite centered on the ring - it was very tight - but I was able to loosen it this morning without tools - I will ensure it is centered when I get home and hand-tighten it.

Thanks to White's for the great communication and helping me solve my issues - leaky neck seal - It's not the suit from what I can tell - I have ordered an Apollo bio-seal for my neck and am hoping to solve my problem with it - I wouldn't really call it a problem at this point - I would just like to stay as dry as possible - this is one truly amazing drysuit - LOVE IT!

So after all of my efforts, I sent the suit back to Whites for a new neckseal - The customer service has been outstanding and they are going to put a different type of neckseal on the suit which should suit my neck better.

The bio-seal was a waste of time and money - not happy about that - nothing to do with Whites.

Thank you Whites!

I am glad to hear that they are getting your suit right for ya...

Phil

I have had my fusion for a couple of months now and absolutely love it. The one issue I an having is the past couple of dives I noticed that I am damp on the front of my chest/stomach area post diving. I need to do a little more research into this but it does not seem to be the neck seal. It appears that I am getting some water either through the zipper or the inflator. Any ideas from Whites?
Did you trim the seal yourself, or did it come pre-trimmed?

The bio-seal was a waste of time and money - not happy about that - nothing to do with Whites.
Thank you Whites!
Keep the bio seal in your save a dive kit. I have one that I tried years ago, but don't use anymore. I keep in on hand to load out when folks have neoprene rental or loaner suits that don't quite fit. I've loaned it out a handful of times in the last couple years...sometimes curing truly catastrophic neck leaks...

The bio seal can heal a lot of woes on neoprene seals...

Did you trim the seal yourself, or did it come pre-trimmed?

I trimmed it myself - first dive no worries, the next 11 dives - wet down the front. The new seal they are putting on the suit should not need trimming. :D

I trimmed it myself - first dive no worries, the next 11 dives - wet down the front. The new seal they are putting on the suit should not need trimming. :D
Wow...having trimmed it yourself, I'd say you are lucky they are replacing your seal.

Some manufacturers recommend pre stretching the seal for a day or two before trimming. I have on occasion had seals stretch out after trimming....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom