Leaving line in wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I try not to trust a line that myself or team didn't run, i think it could just lead to trouble. I'm not sure about leaving "permanent" lines in a wreck, for caves I can see but I'm not sure that applies well to wrecks. Most of the easily accessible wrecks on the west coast are artificial which means a "wide demographic" of divers on them, which I think having any line permanent is a bad idea. Even when my team is penetrating I worry about those "curious" divers following the neat looking line.

If you can imagine it, you can do it. Or it may just cost more in line and reels and ........:) How's the Voulnd tackle, line,reel, recovery project going? Did you guys dive her yesterday?
Yes we dove her
our mooring was gone so I placed another. It's on the part of the ship where it may have gotten rammed by the commonwealth. There was big tears in the decking and the surrounding areas were a tangle of twisted metal looking right through to the sand
the viz was good but we didn't recover my stuff
Ropes everywhere (which of course we curiously followed to our deaths):)
check your pm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom