Leaving tomorrow: Bring weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrissie

Reaction score
My husband and I are leaving for a Princess cruise tomorrow and are bringing all of our gear (except tanks). We have weight integrated BC's (soft weights). Should be bring our weights with us or do you think the dive company that is bringing us will have them? Will we need to wear a weight belt instead of the soft weights?

I usually carry 15lbs in the salt water when I have a 7mm full weight-suit (hood, gloves, etc.) I will be wearing just a 2mm shorty in the Caribbean...

Thanks!
Chrissie

Chrissie:
My husband and I are leaving for a Princess cruise tomorrow and are bringing all of our gear (except tanks). We have weight integrated BC's (soft weights). Should be bring our weights with us or do you think the dive company that is bringing us will have them? Will we need to wear a weight belt instead of the soft weights?

I usually carry 15lbs in the salt water when I have a 7mm full weight-suit (hood, gloves, etc.) I will be wearing just a 2mm shorty in the Caribbean...

Thanks!
Chrissie

We already know soft weights fit in the pockets...heh...Will hard weights fit in the pockets? If so, you might consider leaving the weights home and take the pockets...I would think weights would be available at the destination.

And, you won't be carrying much weight when you dive. (!!)

But I have no experience with Princess cruises...

Every dive op should provide weights and tanks.
Take your BC pockets with you, their weights should fit if not use one of their belts. Bc pockets should take soft or hard weights. I know mine does.
Have a great trip.

Integrated BC's and soft weights, you will be find with the weights that are provided with the idea that you can 2 normal 4lbs hard weights in each pocket. A more concise answer can be given if we know the brand of you BC.

My DH uses the hard weights provided on the boat in his weight integrated BC (SeaQuest ProQD+). They fit and work just fine. I'd save the weight in your luggage for other things.

Chrissie posted on 10-23-04 and at that time indicated that she was departing on a cruise TOMORROW.

I believe that your posts of 10-25-04 may have missed her.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom