LED15 Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, Hollis doesn't seem to know how to make lights. The Hollis LED16 made by LM is still the best Hollis light

Yep my girlfriend has that one and I foolishly thought the LED25 would be a good choice for my own use. Her LED16 has been bulletproof, but my LED25 is as watertight as a screen door.

if it's just the head, and you're in the US, it's not the end of the world. Can't post who because this is the Hollis forum, but some light Dude has putting out some badass lighthead conversions if you aren't happy with yours....

I just spent over 30 days waiting for my LED25 to get sealed up again. This thing has flooded 6 times since they put the new head on it. Maybe I need to reach out to Bobby and get a real repair. Hollis was very forthright and fair with the first repair, but since they are now changing to anther manufacturer (source or whatever) they have nothing in house to work with and told me my only other option was to buy a new light head. Hollis has lost any and all future revenue from me just by their customer service and communication this time around.

I am not very inclined to throw more good money into an obviously crap product. this can be verified by other users and that the $1200 light is listed for $850 by everyone to get rid of stock before they are stuck with it.

Anyone want to buy a LED25 with a yellow center spot for a cheap price? The battery pack is still has a great burn time.

---------- Post added August 8th, 2015 at 03:56 PM ----------

I just got off the phone with David. He verified that they do not have the parts to replace my flooded head, but he is going to manufacture a new lid and use in house stock for the head. It sounds like I could have a replacement in short order. I will know more when he calls back towards the middle of the week with more information.

UPDATE:

Hollis has gone out of their way to make sure that I came away with the light I wanted and refused to take any money for it. Although they no longer had the parts in house to replace mine or build a new one from scratch, they managed to cannibalize 2 of their stock units to provide me with a new light head that is the same as I had. This is pretty outstanding for a company to trash 2 complete lights just to be able to give a crybaby customer what he wanted. This not only cost them the ability to sell 2 brand new lights, but also the time and labor to create my new light head.

The fact that they would not accept payment for any aspect of this shows that they do indeed make a serious effort to take care of their customers and make good on their products.

Wow, that's pretty amazing you got a response out of them Dsix36 - I've tried multiple calls over the last few months and somehow nobody is ever available to help me - and I just need the lens on my LED15 replaced!

UPDATE:

Hollis has gone out of their way to make sure that I came away with the light I wanted and refused to take any money for it. Although they no longer had the parts in house to replace mine or build a new one from scratch, they managed to cannibalize 2 of their stock units to provide me with a new light head that is the same as I had. This is pretty outstanding for a company to trash 2 complete lights just to be able to give a crybaby customer what he wanted. This not only cost them the ability to sell 2 brand new lights, but also the time and labor to create my new light head.

The fact that they would not accept payment for any aspect of this shows that they do indeed make a serious effort to take care of their customers and make good on their products.

This is what I don't understand. Why need to cannibalize 2 lights to get parts to fix 1 light??? The math doesn't add up. Why not just swap the light with yours. At least they can save one light for themselves.

This is what I don't understand. Why need to cannibalize 2 lights to get parts to fix 1 light??? The math doesn't add up. Why not just swap the light with yours. At least they can save one light for themselves.

They did not have a LED25 with a straight cable gland. They did have a LED25 with a 90 degree cable gland which they offered to me as a free replacement. I refused it since it was not what I wanted. They also had a LED15 with a straight cable gland. Thus they used the LED head from the LED25 and mated it to the lid from the LED15 to give me the same configuration that I had and wanted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom