Legal question, non SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
How do I go about taking legal action aganst an out of state company when a contract was signed in my state from there branch office? Can I just file in small claims as usual or do I need to do something different?????
Thanks in advance. Im at the end of my rope with these people.
Cellular One SUCKSASS BTW.

Every state has different rules, but the chances are that Cellular One has a registered office in the state in question which should mean that you can sue them in the state you are in. Check with the State deparment of corporations to find out if they are registered in the state

Why thank you Sir!

Check with your state Contoller's office. Each corporation must list a person or agent who will accept legal action for them in that state. On the downside, I am 99.99% positive that your contract with Cellular One requires you to take any disputes to an arbitration panel. These big corporations re extremely careful in the crafting of their contracts, and you would have to prove out-right fraud or deception to prevail.

Back
Top Bottom