Legend LX and Cold Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griffo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I have recently moved into an area where the water temperature dips below 10C during the middle of winter. I'd previously bought my Legend LX reg set (the one with the gold face) when I lived in warmer temperatures. As the reg has very little use, i'm not jumping at the idea of having to replace it.

I was wondering if it was possible at all to "upgrade" the reg to be cold water compatible. Can I just get the LDS to put the Extreme internals in during it's next service?

I think the only think you would need to "upgrade" it is have a lip guard put on and have the IP pressure dropped a little. As far as I know, that's the only difference between the two. Check with your LDS but I don't think there is really anything necessary to change it.

So the short answer is, "Yes."

I dive the Legend LX (one set is the gold face, the other set is newer) about 100x a year in that temp range. Absolutely zero issues, no changes needed. Not even a challenge for it. BTW my coldest is 5C with that same reg. 10 or 11C is normal.

Just enjoy.

I dive Melbourne all year
Old junk piston regs don't even freeze down there
Couldn't even classify Melbourne diving as cold
Forty degrees latitude southern hemisphere is like
the tropics compared to the northern realms

Maybe something to do with land mass and wind

Not bags of wind

Thanks All. Guess i won't worry about it.

Knowone - why are you a Melbourne Diver living in Qld? Surely it'd be nicer going out in the bay in the nice 20+ all-year-round waters than coming back to Vic to dive?

Chers

Temporary secret stupid persons business
I'll be back in winter, you can take me out

Dude, I used to live here
That's a kilometre and a
hundred metres
untitled.png1024px-Cape_Schanck_(view_from_the_lighthouse).jpg

Brizvegas: Dustbowl swamp!

Back
Top Bottom