Leisure Pro Pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some manufactures WILL honor warranties from online sites now! Before you buy, check with the manufacture and see if they consider "x" site to be an "authorized dealer." Most manufactures WILL have a "authorized dealer" list! Check to see if your online site is on that list!!!

There are lots of places to buy gear, and for things like rubber goods, wetsuits and trinkets, the warranty really doesn't matter much. However, when you are talking bigger ticket items like dive computers, reg's, BCD's, etc then you would be far better to haggle with a real dealer than to roll the dice with a non-dealer. Any savvy dive shop owner will work with you when you can document a better price available elsewhere - we know we do!

I believe they are an authorized Oceanic dealer therefore you get the manufacturer warranty. However this is not the case with the Zeagle BC.

Leisure Pro is most definitely an authorized dealer for Zeagle, therefore you would get the manufacturer's warranty.

I wouldn't say everyone knew that...

Of all the goods that I have bought, I have never had a warrantee claim. I guess the percentage of returns under warrantee must be less than 1%. So just like when the Hi-fi store offers me an extended warratee for extra cash I turn it down, I turn down the manufacturers warrantee on scuba gear by buying grey. Seriously you still pay extortionist prices for the 6 o-rings in the service kit, and labour every year for a not needed service to retain a warrantee that's not needed. Go figure?"

really kinda cool how you guys think. I want to save a nickle, so I purchase on line. I want to save a dime so I hunt the internet. but I want my training and air fills to be as cheap as possible. There is no subsitute for good customer service from your LDS. nex time you need an air fill, or a tweeking of your gear. hook up your USB and see what happens. Your local dive shop trives on the 25-40 dollar difference in prices that Joe Diver or Leisure Pro offer. But your Local LDS is always there to take care of you, service your equipment, fill your tanks, take you on different dive adventures. I have seen some divers have the GALL to purchase on line, then bring the gear to the shop and ask the shop to put it together and check it for free. Nice give some serious thought to what your doing to your LDS when you purchase on line, then make sure to sign up to get some free air fills or such as well.
Don't be as so cheap that you have to abuse your LDS and then as for favors and cheap airfills

Give me a break already. We all know it's gray market, non-manufacturer warranty by now. What are we supposed to be afraid of, exactly? Having too much money in our pockets?

Yes!
Having too much money in your pockets may contribute to an uncontrolled decent! :D

Does the pricing on Leisure Pro change between day and night?

Recently I have been looking at gear and shopping around hoping to get all of my gear in the next couple of weeks. On several occasions I have created a custom package on Leisure Pro (Zeagle Stiletto, Oceanic GT3, Oceanic Alpha 8 Octo, Oceanic Gauges) and the price is much higher in the daytime than it is at night. It is usually around $1,000 during the day and $850 at night. I noticed that specifically the octo goes from $115 to $65. Does anyone know why this may be?

Many shopping sites change prices depending on whether or not you've been there before, how long ago, what you looked at and for how long.

Some raise the price in the hope that you'll jump on it before it goes higher and other drop the price in the hope that you buy before looking somewhere else.

I suspect that the LP answer would be a more boring "prices were updated that day."

Terry

really kinda cool how you guys think. I want to save a nickle, so I purchase on line. I want to save a dime so I hunt the internet. but I want my training and air fills to be as cheap as possible. There is no subsitute for good customer service from your LDS. nex time you need an air fill, or a tweeking of your gear. hook up your USB and see what happens. Your local dive shop trives on the 25-40 dollar difference in prices that Joe Diver or Leisure Pro offer. But your Local LDS is always there to take care of you, service your equipment, fill your tanks, take you on different dive adventures. I have seen some divers have the GALL to purchase on line, then bring the gear to the shop and ask the shop to put it together and check it for free. Nice give some serious thought to what your doing to your LDS when you purchase on line, then make sure to sign up to get some free air fills or such as well.
Don't be as so cheap that you have to abuse your LDS and then as for favors and cheap airfills

Let 'em go out of business if they can't compete. I don't care. I refuse to subsidize bad business practices. It's my money, and if they want it, they'll have to earn it. I don't owe them squat, and I don't need them for anything.

If there's a market for air fills, some one will fill that niche. If there's a market for training, some one will fill that too. The losers will rightfully end up on the street, while the ones who adapt will prosper. Survival of the fittest.

Hi all - just a quick one - I have noticed pricing on LP to change as well. I don't know what exact times but best to track some prices over a short period of time to get an idea what the ranges are.

Good luck on your gear purchase

Back
Top Bottom