LeisurePro becomes Scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point. I'll post some as soon as I can.
Is it street level on 17th? They'll be closed most of the next two weeks. I'll take a look on the week of the 17th.

Just a piece of heads-up news.... Scuba.com just opened up a massive retail storefront on West 17th here in the city. This is to replace their showroom a block north above Adorama. I went the other day and it is like being a kid in a candy shop. Huge selection, really nice setup, and still the same cast of characters in service and sales. Stop by and give Mary a big congratulations. She has worked very hard to bring Scuba.com to where it is and she deserves it.
If I'm ever in Manhattan, I will definitely drop in. Diving has replaced a lot of my photography (not task loading myself with a camera on my rebreather), though I do take vacation pics. I have been a frequent customer with Adorama over the years, and was quite happy with Leisure Pro more recently. The owners of Adorama/Leisure Pro/now scuba.com understand the online sales model quite well. Nothing stops other shops from doing the same.

When I go to pick up my Faber HDG LP 85 there, I will take some pictures of their new location. They are now on the West side of Manhattan.

When I go to pick up my Faber HDG LP 85 there, I will take some pictures of their new location. They are now on the West side of Manhattan.
They’ve always been on the west side. They just moved one block south. I’ll be there on Tues to take my first look at the new store.

Photos of the new store!

Attachments

• 20230417_102721.jpg
    20230417_102721.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230417_102733.jpg
    20230417_102733.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 20230417_102741.jpg
    20230417_102741.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 77
Haven't made it there (old or new), but I do remember seeing that they carried a very limited fraction of the full line in store (presumably due to size limitations), but would bring in anything from the Jersey warehouse with a couple days notice for inspection/purchase.

Does anyone happen to know if they now have a significantly broader in store product range (Obv. not carrying every color, size, etc.) , or is just really just better/pretty merchandising of the same stuff as before?

Used to deal a lot with B&H for photo stuff back in the day. It was great to know that if it was in the catalog/website, if you made the trek, you could put eyes/hands on it in the store.

Haven't made it there (old or new), but I do remember seeing that they carried a very limited fraction of the full line in store (presumably due to size limitations), but would bring in anything from the Jersey warehouse with a couple days notice for inspection/purchase.

Does anyone happen to know if they now have a significantly broader in store product range (Obv. not carrying every color, size, etc.) , or is just really just better/pretty merchandising of the same stuff as before?

Used to deal a lot with B&H for photo stuff back in the day. It was great to know that if it was in the catalog/website, if you made the trek, you could put eyes/hands on it in the store.
I can't imagine that if you want to try on a XXXL Short 5mm wetsuit in hot pink that they'll have that in NYC!

nobody should...
You’ve been on the board long enough to know it’s true!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom