LeisurePro now an Oceanic Authorized Dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'll stick with Phil and Larry, I've had the BEST service from these
two retailers, and I appreciate their presence on this board.
I didn't care for the way I was treated on the phone with LP years ago.

Think you will put together a doubles kit on the LP77's Phil?

Land Locked:
I think I'll stick with Phil and Larry, I've had the BEST service from these
two retailers, and I appreciate their presence on this board.
I didn't care for the way I was treated on the phone with LP years ago.

Think you will put together a doubles kit on the LP77's Phil?

LandLocked: Phil Ellis @ Dive Sports and Larry and Joe @ Scubatoys are both great full service stores with a strong presence on SB. You get good advice, good service, and great prices all from fully authorized dealers.

PhilEllis:
Well........since $499.95 is the Oceanic Authorized Dealer MAP prices for the Probe LX, I think we may have our answer.

And then you look up the cost of a VT3 computer and transmitter. $674.95. I believe that's a fair bit below the MAP. Not 100% sure, since I'm not a dealer, only a consumer, but...

$950 list

Thalassamania:
$950 list

List (MSRP) and MAP are not the same though.

List is the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price.

MAP is the "Minimum Adverised Price" set forth in the dealer agreement. It's typically the lowest price that any dealer can advertise nationally on a product. (Of course this differ's slightly depending on manufacturer).

MAP on the VT3 is going to be somwhere around $899 I think. (maybe it's gone down.)

According to my rep, they have inquired about becoming a dealer but as long as they are advertising products below MAP, they will not become an AUTHORIZED dealer. I hope this helps.

It already appears that LP is doing some MAP advertising of Oceanic products.

Perhaps this was your rep's way of avoiding a yes/no answer and not really answering the question?

Edit: it could also be a way of not answering it yes/no in the aspect that they might be shipping/billing through a 3rd party phantom company. Several other manufacturers are supposedly doing this with LP.

DiveSite:
If you re-read my post, I think you will see the operative word is AUTHORIZED.

Does that mean he's admitting they are an "Un-Authorized" dealer then? (Shipping via 3rd party)

Which might mean they didn't answer the question clearly.

OK....from what Oceanic told me a couple weeks ago, YES LP is going to be an AUthorized retailer. They will have to have all of their prices at MAP pricing, and be held accountable like every other retailer....They figured that they tried everything to stop them from selling there product and they still did, so why not let them sell the product and get up to PAR with everyone on pricing. This really doesnt bother me too much because the only real competition we had on price was LP, our service was better but you still have people price orientated....With my online store at MAP price and my actual store at MAP price, there is no reason for my customers to go anywhere else. Buy local, get great service, and all of the other benefits(that Im exhausted talking about from other posts:wink:)

As for the computers.....Since LP bought soooo much inventory of some items, they told Oceanic that until they reach a normal volume of inventory to be able to sell at higher prices, they will slowly raise the prices as inventory goes down....BUt from what I was told they wouldnt be able to call themselves an actual dealer until ALL of there prices were inline.....They bought soo much from Gray Marketers that will remain nameless :shame: , that they need to clear it out before they get inline with pricing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom