Leisurepro transgressions

What your opinion..?

• Quit your complaining its not that bad

Votes: 63 91.3%
  • Actually that is a pretty damn poor effort from LeisurePro

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theslyfox01

Contributor
Reaction score
Brisbane, Australia. Though I'd rather be home in
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently posted a thread on scubaboard detailing some problems a friend of mine and I have had with an order currently being shipped to our home in Melbourne, Australia.

I don't doubt that Leisurepro is a decent company with in general a strong rapport with customers and a good history of customer service, however Alex and my experience to date has not been a pleasant one.

Here is a basic rundown on how things proceeded to date..

Alex and I browsed the Leisurepro website, and Alex send off some emails requesting information on various products and general information, after a delay of a few days for feedback (understandable because they must have a large volume of new mail a day) we placed an order. A receipt was issued for this order however we changed the order do to Leisurepro advising us a regulator we wanted was out of stock.

After changing our order Leisurepro issued us another receipt, however they had made errors on our order (accidentally leaving off a dive computer) so we called LP at 11pm local time, 9am New York time and arranged to have the order corrected.

Our sales assistant explained the order would leave later that day via FedEx. This was the 22nd of May. He later emailed us and told us it shipped on the 22nd, here is a copy of the email-

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ben R - Leisure Pro" <Custserv@leisurepro.com>
> To: "Alex Hurley" <thumb_boy@hotmail.com>
> Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 5:54 AM
> Subject: Your Leisure Pro Invoice (Invoice# 5144465)
>
>
> > Hi, Alex
> >
> > this is your order & it shiped on the 22nd. we will get the fadex # &
> email
> > it to you. there is no set % on the discount. & all the items are
current
> > models.
> >
> > Enclosed please find a copy of your order.
> >
> > Thank You
> >
> > Ben Ruby <custserv@leisurepro.com>
> > Leisure Pro Ltd.
> > 42 West 18th St. New York, NY 10011
> > Tel# (800) 637-6880 Ext#306 or (212) 645-1234 Fax# (212) 691-7286
> > www.leisurepro.com
>

However the actual email receipt detailing our order said the order was sent on the 23rd, this didn't concern us either way since we wanted the package by the 30th, and with FedEx delivering within 5 business days it would arrive by the 30th at the latest.

All straight forward so far.. this is where it went alllll downhill. :boom:

From the 24th onwards, before the above email was actually sent we began trying to get hold of the FedEx package number off LP, we send a number of emails asking for it, to which we got same reply over and over again "We'll give it to you when we have it.."

We called FedEx and they had no record of the package, so I gave up on email since the responses were slow to come and were always the same, I would stay up and call LP after 11pm local time, and then wake up to call them again in my early morning, but I had no luck for 5 days.

On the 6th day of calling LP they had the FedEx package number for me. I then called FedEx this-morning (the 29th) and found out the package will not be arriving until the 3rd of June.

FedEx informed me the package was not actually sent until late afternoon on the 27th ....

QUOTE-

"Hi, Alex this is your order & it shiped on the 22nd "

:upset: :upset: :upset:

That's not the way people do business here, and its not the way its done in the US. I ordered over $US2000 of equipment and what happens, basically

at best, at severely unlikely best a large, L-A-R-G-E mistake was made in communication about what was occurring with our shipment.

The almost certain truth of the matter is we were flat out LIED to, and that is pretty disgraceful. A customer can expect good customer service from a company, but at the very least they deserve the truth and to not get that is just not on. :(

Some things are understandable some aren't.. I'm betting he is using the term "shipped" to when the packages were ready for pickup and/or called in..

If fedex didn't show up early on friday then forget about the package getting picked up.. due to religious observance they close very early on fridays and closed saturdays.. this past monday was a holiday so no shipments would have went out.. so the 27 would have probably been the fisrt shippable day.. They handled communications poorly and should have given you a better answer.

"Transgressions"? Isn't that a little dramatic?

It basically got shipped the next business day. Big deal.

If you need something *now*, or even *a week from now* don't buy it online unless you can get a guaranteed to-your-door date.

In the days before I knew about Leisurepro et al, I asked my LDS to order me something one day. Despite my badgering, I didn't get it for almost two months.

I could have ordered it on LP, and even with a ship date a day or two off, I would have gotten it within a week, for a lower price.

If I am not mistaking leisure pro only ships mon - thurs. If they said it shipped on the 22nd that probably means it was packed and ready for pick-up as fed ex picks up around 10 - 11 EST. FRI, Sat and sun were non ship days. Monday was a holliday so no one would have been there. That means the first available day for pickup of the package would have been the 27th. To me it seems like it was a miscommunication not an out right lie.

In addition to what Jon said, if you have a "gotta have it now" situation, and you also absolutely need to order online to take advantage of other benefits such as price.....then....

USE the Telephone to talk with the company you are ordering from.

An extra $10-20 on the phone isn't much, if the need to have the item is critical.

I recently ordered items from LP (a total of $1100 worth...) and they shipped on time, sent me a confirmation email within a few hours, with a direct URL to the tracking info on UPS's site....

The items arrived yesterday in great shape, as promised.

Great work on LP's part, for my order.

--Sean

Could it possibly be that you didn't realize there was a holiday - no shipping, no mail on the 26th?:eek:, or for that matter did they communicate to you about not shipping weekends?

From one perspective to another......

:upset: :D :( :wacko:

Diving is fun,
Caymaniac

Never had problem with them, except in the event that something was out of stock. Always received shipment in 2-3 days. Just have to remember that they only ship Mon. - Thur. and watch out for holidays.:)

IMHO, Leisure Pro totally bungled it...

Certainly for mail orders, some shipment delay should be expected and for packages that need to be somewhere by a certain time, phone droids should not be trusted, but LP should not have confirmed that they shipped out the package when they hadn't. I would think that the fellow didn't lie, but most probably they actually had the shipment boxed, ready to go, but it didn't make the truck for whatever reason and the fellow didn't know about it. With the importance and size fo the order, he could have taken the extra step and tried to verify that it had or had not happend, or just have said that the shipment was packaged and ready to be picked up by FedEx instead of confirming that it got shipped.

For the record, my transactions with LP have been totally satisfactory, but I'm local to them.

:fury:
Step away from the keyboard before somebody gets hurt...

:bonk:
You bought from an online dealer because you didn't want to pay the price that hands-on local service costs. Then you go on a multi-day rant because you didn't get hands-on local service. I suspect once you rant-off you'll see the incongruity.

:boxing:
No doubt, LP semi-screwed up, but what remedy would you suggest? I've purchased from LP before and have found them to be cheap, slightly ditzy, inexpensive, semi-inattentive, and low-cost. The merchandise that they have sent has always been first quality, although sometimes back-ordered when it was supposed to be in stock. This is the price I pay for the price I pay: service that I don't get, or expect.

:doctor:
Life is too short to blow a gasket over something as trivial as this. Stand up, take a deep breath, unbunch your knickers and go diving. You'll feel better afterward, I promise.

Steven

Back
Top Bottom