Leisurepro transgressions

What your opinion..?

• Quit your complaining its not that bad

Votes: 63 91.3%
  • Actually that is a pretty damn poor effort from LeisurePro

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D-jane,

If LP sells new regulators that are also available at your LDS, does the company & location of their supplier make it any less safe? It's still new, and manufactured by the same company as the ones in your LDS.

LP offers the same warranty period as the manufacturer - granted they must perform the warranty work themselves.

I purchased a ScubaPro 1st/2nd stage from LP. My LDS owner doesn't sell or service ScubaPro, so automatically they're no good. He said "Yea, they get them from Europe". I said "so what? Does that make them less safe? Are all European divers at risk because their equipment isn't made in the USA?" I found a shop 15 miles away that will service it.

I'm tired of the BS from LDS owners. I spent $500 at my LDS that same day, and he didn't budge a penny on anything. I plan on buying new tanks, and I won't be buying them from him. He can fill my tanks, and that's it.

What specifically have you been "scammed" on? Did you have a bad experience in trying to have something repaired under warranty?

Have you ever even purchased a 1st/2nd stage, octo, or BCD from LP???

Inquiring minds want to know...
:confused:

I bought an Akona wetsuit (among a lot of other stuff). One of the seams on the legs opened up. I brought it in for repair, they sent it out to the mfgr. After 1 month it didn't come back and I needed the wetsuit for a trip.....They gave me a new suit.

The only "problem" I've found is if something is out of stock it takes a REALLY LONG time to get it in (I assume because of their "unorthodox" purchasing methods.

Charlie...=-)

I have purchased a few items from LP and without any problems.
I bought a transpac II about a month ago, while the new ones come with tank buckles mine came with the standard cam straps. No biggy.
I then ordered a set of weight pockets from my LDS because LP didn't have any. Ten days passed, then I got a call they had came in. When I went in to pick them up they did not match. The owner just ordered one because he had an old one laying around and thought they would match...... I am still waiting for a matching pair. Not all LDS do this kind of thing, there are a lot of good ones.
In summery I think you may encounter a problem now and then with either way you decide to go.

Never let it take the fun out of diving!!!!!!

Leisure pro sells great gear at great prices.. period.... the rest is just dive shop/dive industry politics and mumbo jumbo.... I wish they would stop crying, step up and try to compete with leisure pro... but they know they cannot....

www.scubastore.com ain't bad either!

well d-jane i agree with yak. where is the scam? they do not pretend to be authorized dealers. this whole "gray market" thing sounds so ominous but what's the big deal? i have bought tons of stuff at LP. everything is in the original manufacturer's packaging. so what if they re-import from europe? it is the same product.
p.s. i wonder how those guys who got bent from their faulty UWATEC computers feel about your statement about the manufacturer standing behind their product.

I've ordered a lot of my gear from leisure pro and have never had any problems. As for d-jane calling LP a scam, I think that is a bit harsh. They don't sell used parts unless you order from their used parts section and as for being grey market, that doesn't at all mean the parts are inferior. It just means it came from someone other than directly from the manufacturer. I can't personally speak for LP's return and warranty procedure but I have a friend who ordered a SP reg from LP and something in the first stage failed. He called LP, sent it back and he had a new reg within 3-4 weeks. That doesn't sound bad to me. Just my 2 cents.

Shopping with LP has been an eye opener and a pleasant experience for ME. I did learn that with everything comes a price one way or another. If you need it,...really need it by a set certain time, then pay the price and buy local. If not I have found that the prices are more than worth the wait.

I think you may have been bitten by the I GOTTA DIVE RIGHT NOW! bug that we all got in our early gear searches. Vent and cool off. It gets a whole lot better.

Safe diving:)

Sorry... I just could not resist jumping in here. I sell a lot online, and I HATE customers who hound me about shipping times, and when to expect their items.

Let's see. He ordered on the 22nd and received it on the 3rd? (8) Business days from the date of his order.............. AND HE WAS COMPLAINING?? Geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzuuuuuuss!

I also have bought online. Likely more than most of your annual salaries. I have NEVER EVER once inquired about shipping on an online order. NOT ONCE. I just can't understand the need to inquire about when something is going to arrive. Especially when most sites tell you right up front how long to expect. I strongly feel it will get here when it gets here. I have never been dissapointed. And I certainly would not be dissapointed if my item arrived within 14 business days.

As mentioned.... if you can not wait up to several weeks (even 3-6 weeks) you should consider buying at your local store (and pay their prices).

I quote 10-14 business days for delivery from the date a payment is made/received. And I still get idiots (sorry... I hate using that word..... but they really are) emailing me to ask why they have not received their item 5-7 business days after they place their orders. Nothing burns me more than to have someone get wacky on me because their item has not arrived within 5 days from the date they pay. Even though I PLASTER my expected time for delivery (10-14 business days from the date payment is made/received), all over my correspondence.

Honestly.... I shutter at the mentallity of those individuals that get nuts over when an item is going to arrive. They actually scare me. I mean... WTF...? Just relax, and it will get there when it gets there. Further... don't these people have something better to do with their time!?? I can not imagine taking my time to send even one email with regard to shipping.

Ok.... now about FEDX. Using FEDX does not mean that you will get your item over night. That is not the case. That is another missconception.

Ok... done venting. :)

I just personally don't think the original poster has anything to complain about. JMO.

I just started diving in May and have found that there are tons of good deals online. I've bought on LP, ebay and my LDS(s). I've probably spent about 1500 at my LDS(s) and 2000 online. No problems with any of it. Most of what I spent at the LDS was at a premium, to several hundred dollars (some over retail!) but thought it would be well spent for future trips and gear help. I've found no matter how much you spend they still complain and can only remember what you didn't buy from them even if they don't sell that brand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom