Leisurepro transgressions

What your opinion..?

• Quit your complaining its not that bad

Votes: 63 91.3%
  • Actually that is a pretty damn poor effort from LeisurePro

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here’s a story about LD that impressed the heck out of me: About a year and a half ago, I purchased two Sunnto Mosquito computers from LP. When I placed my order, I was told that the owner’s manuals were not in English, but that I could download the English manual on line (gave me the link) AND that LP would eventually send me the English manuals. They said that the English manuals were on order from Sunnto and would arrive in a month or two.

I got the computers when they said I’d get them, the on-line manuals were easy to download, and the paper manuals were in Italian. I first used the computers in Palau. They worked perfectly. After about a month, I called LP to enquire on the status of the English manuals (the paper manuals are very compact and perfect for taking on a trip so I wanted them). I was told that they were still on back order. I figured that LP was telling me what I wanted to hear and that I’d never see the manuals. After all, they sold me computers they bought in Italy and in order to send me English manuals LP would have to buy them (an additional expense for them) from Sunnto. I figured I got a bit hosed. I got computers at a great price, but the principal of being lied to really got me mad. Now remember that it was just my head telling me I was lied to. They had my money so there was absolutely no reason for them to actually send me the manuals. I felt foolish for ever thinking that they actually would and assumed I was hosed.

Well, low and behold, two English manuals arrived in the mail about a week later! I’m telling you, that REALLY impressed me. They had my money, I had my computers, and the ONLY reason they had to send me the manuals was because they said they would (nothing in writing). They stuck to their word, I’m a happy customer, and I’m about to buy two ScubaPro MK25 S600 regs from them. (I only have one head; one reg is for my wife.) That convinced me that they are honest people.

"Let's see. He ordered on the 22nd and received it on the 3rd? (8) Business days from the date of his order.............. AND HE WAS COMPLAINING?? Geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzuuuuuuss"

Not to mention that he was also having the items shipped to Australia buy the look of his post & profile.

I have always had good experience with a guy who identifies himself as David R at LP. No lies ever. And Iwould have bough close to 1000USD in equip over the past few years.

ive mentioned this before so forgive me if you've read it. lp is an lds to some of us. i work nearby and stop in alot. they offer lessons and organize trips like most lds's. they are not a huge corp like walmart, although compared to it often. they sell grey market items and are open about it. if your not familiar with the practice dont assume its sneaky or underhanded. its both legal and common. like any lds they get to know many of their customers and have a large loyal local customer base. in my opinion they are a lds that sells nationally on the net. they basically offer a good product at a competitive price nationally. but i guess like all nyers im used to local stores being known nationally. sachs, bloomingdales, macy's etc...

diverjane once bubbled...
I'm sure there are people who are going to flame me on this one but here goes,
IMO!!!
Don't buy gray market life support gear. If I'm 100ft down I want to know that a manufacturer stands behind that regulator and that it will continue to work and bring me back up alive. Not that a discount store who won't tell me where or who they got it from is standing behind it and they can't honor a warranty since they didn't get it from the source. Would you buy a grey market parachute then jump out of a plane???
Yes, I've Dm'd for various shops and I like to save $$ on my gear to. I've bought alot of my stuff online from different legit shops too. Heck, I thought LP was gods gift to diving also until I found out what a scam it is.There are some decent online shops out there so I am not turned off at all about all online gear. I'm just going to be careful with who its from. Its my life and thats worth an extra $50!
I guess the point being is for your own safety get your life support gear from someone who will back it up. Save the small stuff for LP. There. I said it now I can sleep tonight!:wacko:

LOL - this is rather amusing.

I guess the regulator must know where it was purchased from, and if it realizes that it was purchased from LP its going to freak out and fail 100' below the surface :confused:

There's lots of good logic out there for not buying from LP or other online grey market stores; this is probably the worst argument about that I've ever seen though.

Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom