Lembeh Reefs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello...

We have been able to run trips up to the North of the Straits this week and we are also planning a Bangka trip tomorrow so all is looking good for your stay over the festive period! Don't worry we will mix in some lovely coral diving for you as well but you will be surprised how much you miss the 'muck' - our guests this week loved the reef dives but soon wanted to get back to the black sand....

Viz is pretty OK at the moment as well 10-15m or so :)

OUTSTANDING news, Instructorinasia! Please keep the good weather and good viz going! :)

I'm making my critter wish list, checking it twice, going to find out who is naughty or nice...

Reactions: MA
Some of the reef dives are excellent, and provide some quality critter spotting, which isn't just restricted to the black sands. At Angels window you will see nudis for sure, and there are also bargibanti (pink and yellow) and Denise Pygmy seahorses. Between nudi falls and nudi retreat, around the corals in the shallows I have seen ornate and robust ghost pipes, Honshu pipefish, starry night octopus and electric clam!! Not too shabby!
Enjoy

Not shabby at all, pughio83! How do you manage to see the Denise pygmy seahorse? Do you carry a magnifying glass with you or just use your macro lens? They are so very tiny!

Hahaha well yes v small indeed! I am hopefully getting macro lens this christmas. I got some good shots with s95 with no macro lens at all before! They are not as small as the Severns pygmies I saw at nudi retreat! Looking forward to some macro lens playtime in lembeh next year!! Would love to see a satomi, now I heard they r super small!!!

Sorrow - I think we have a couple of magnifying glasses in the Dive Centre :)

See you soon!

Too late, Instructorinasia, mine is already in the dive bag! And we are on our way!

Thanks for all the good advice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom