Lembeh Strait Diving Permit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@selamat datang. i guess you mean sahaung bay and not sehang bay, right? and you comment, if you want to dive in sahaung then you have to pay is definitely not true. you can dive everywhere in bangka/sahaung without payment at all. BUT not at our housereef, which is in front of our Resort. this area we contracted with the government - indonesian law and nothing to do with corruption - undang undang No 32 Tahun 2004 dan daerah no 24 Tahun 2005. we pay officially retribution for that, since 2007.
if you need further information about that, feel free to pm or email us. may be, that would be also more constructive then distribute rumors in a public forum.
thanks and best regards from bangka/sahaung
anke

So what is this fee ... will it do anything to protect the marine life there, or is it just a fee for the sake of collecting a fee?
I'm sure it gets put to good use, just like the 50,000 Rupiah fees that random policemen in Bali levy on me from time to time. :wink:

In general, I am in favor of levies on tourists to maintain a reef (or other natural resource). If there is a direct, easily quantifiable incentive, conservation has a better chance. Using the money to "build new tourism infrastructure" probably has the opposite effect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom