Lemon Shark aggregation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreqFlier

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
SE Florida, end of January - any pointers on Lemon Shark aggregation? Jupiter? WPB? Which op with?

I saw them in Jupiter, WPB and Boynton on unbated dives but those are hit or miss. If you don't mind baited dives than Emerald is sure thing.

SE Florida, end of January - any pointers on Lemon Shark aggregation? Jupiter? WPB? Which op with?
I dove Jupiter today(Dec26) with JDC's boat. I saw 2 sets of female lemons laying with a male sitting just behind them on the main ledge reef up on top. Then on the Scarface reef I saw another really big male lemon laying next to a female. I hugged the sand and got within about 12 feet of the Scarface pair.

The 2 dives I was at were NOT the most popular sites for lemons to hang out at and the peak is the about 4th weekend of January. So if they are already showing up at the non-popular spots then that means January should be a banner year turn out for lemons in Jupiter. Just my opinion but the 2 best Jupiter spots to see lemons are at the sites named "Capt Kirles" and the " MG111". The on line calendars will list which boats are exclusively going to seek out the lemons, but also call the shop and they will set up a lemon dive for you because so many others will join to see them too.

I dove Jupiter today(Dec26) with JDC's boat. I saw 2 sets of female lemons laying with a male sitting just behind them on the main ledge reef up on top. Then on the Scarface reef I saw another really big male lemon laying next to a female. I hugged the sand and got within about 12 feet of the Scarface pair.

The 2 dives I was at were NOT the most popular sites for lemons to hang out at and the peak is the about 4th weekend of January. So if they are already showing up at the non-popular spots then that means January should be a banner year turn out for lemons in Jupiter. Just my opinion but the 2 best Jupiter spots to see lemons are at the sites named "Capt Kirles" and the " MG111". The on line calendars will list which boats are exclusively going to seek out the lemons, but also call the shop and they will set up a lemon dive for you because so many others will join to see them too.
I've had some fantastic dives at Lemon Drop with JDC. The dives on the JDC calendar labeled as Lemon Shark Dive, start at Lemon Drop

The JDC Lemon Shark dives are definitely starting to fill up. I just booked my planned dives for MLK and President's Day weekends. Spots are going quickly. If you have any interest in these dives, you'll want to get your spot booked.

Other charters worth mentioning which typically will have planned dives for the aggregation:

Jupiter Scuba Diving (aka Kayalami)
Scuba Works

lemon sharks are one of the few species that can pump their own gills to breathe and don't need to constantly swim. if its your thing and the little cuties let you, they like to be scratched between their gills (top) and may actually come up and park in front of you waiting for their lovies.

can you tell i have a dog?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom