Lemon Shark aggregation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemon sharks are one of the few species that can pump their own gills to breathe and don't need to constantly swim. if its your thing and the little cuties let you, they like to be scratched between their gills (top) and may actually come up and park in front of you waiting for their lovies.

can you tell i have a dog?
Lemon sharks, like the majority of shark species, can buccal ventilate as stated above. Only about 2 dozen shark species out of over 500 shark species are obligate ram ventilators (need to constantly swim).

Lemon sharks, like the majority of shark species, can buccal ventilate as stated above. Only about 2 dozen shark species out of over 500 shark species are obligate ram ventilators (need to constantly swim).

I should have known I'd get checked by a marine biologist. My father would be ashamed of me (he is a marine biologist).

I need to figure out a way to work "obligate ram ventilator" into every day conversation.

Well duh. If you have to spell it out.

They do act like underwater dog, don’t they.

F4027427-DEEE-4F45-86D4-6D73919A9F26.jpeg

Is JDC the only shop that schedules Lemon specific trips in advance? None of the other Jupiter shops seem to post theirs online. I'd like to book a Lemon shark dive for late-Jan/early-Feb.

I'd like to book a Lemon shark dive for late-Jan/early-Feb.
All of the Jupiter dive charters do Lemon Shark dives. Since there are alot of 'groups & shops' that will take half the boat, they usually will put those on the calendar and then fill in the open dates. Even WPB charters like PuraVida, Calypso, Narcosis, & others will turn north out of their inlet and make the run up to Jupiter waters to see the lemons.

It's just that our weather has been so rough, none of us have been diving much. As soon as diver's start posting pictures of all the lemons, the dive boat's phone will start ringing off the hook to go see them. It's best to call your favorite dive boat and check your dates. (or bring food for the captain and he'll take you anywhere you want)

You can also call the dive ops and ask. I don't recall needing to worry about it, especially diving out of Jupiter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom