let´s talk about technical training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ali

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
for the technical divers out there.

where I live, there is only 4 divers with technical training. 2 of us just came back from my trimix course and the other was with us the whole time.

I really want to hear experiences from all of you who have taken trimix, cave, deep or whatever form of technical diving courses. Like: what did you find the most difficult part, who was your isntructor, what was his/her style, hardships, etc.

Please share

ali

Know how you feel Ali,Where I live everyone that is tech goes caving.I find it boring,so the only times I get to go is on vacation or when we can run 35-50 miles out to some deep wrecks and springs.There is a lot of stuff to do here in NE Fla.I don't get to bored.I to am IANTD tri-mix,but no formal cave.I have gone with some guys on bad weather days,but only as an extra body(He says tongue in cheek)The hardest part was sitting thru the test without falling over.Most of what passed thru my head stuck.The lift-bag thing was fun.I usually try to anchor in on wrecks,but it's nice to be able to do deco with-out a ropoe reference.My instructor was a teddy-bear,but we did everything til he was comfortable with us being able to do it right.I'm glad I looked around til I found someone who isn't an OCD control freak.I consider myself lucky to live in Fla cause there a many great divers here to learn from and dive with.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom