life after death for divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter once bubbled...
no weird containers for me. For Bonnie we put her in, only her, no container, and a bunch of roses (she deserved 1000 roses), for me, just put me in, maybe pour a Corona over me. Better yet, if a tech diver would take me inside....

Either way, no container.

WW

That sounds very nice. Condolences on your friend.

I see nothing wrong with this. Eventually, everything will return to the sea anyway. Its just a matter of time.

Add some tri-mix and drop me way back in a cave. Better yet Drop me in a deep sea thermal vent. maybe I'll come back!!!!

Hallmac

I would feel that I may deprive the non-diving members of my family a grave site to visit me. AND I'm not sure that I would want a greiving member (I think they would be grieving ???) of my family diving in a situation where their emotions are a very real hazard.
I do feel that the idea of trying to replace/ or repair our destruction to the enviroment is a good one (yeah for a/reefs) but just not convinced that this is the way to do it.

just my 3 cents

-Crispy

Crispy once bubbled...
I would feel that I may deprive the non-diving members of my family a grave site to visit me. AND I'm not sure that I would want a greiving member (I think they would be grieving ???) of my family diving in a situation where their emotions are a very real hazard.
I do feel that the idea of trying to replace/ or repair our destruction to the enviroment is a good one (yeah for a/reefs) but just not convinced that this is the way to do it.

just my 3 cents

-Crispy
How better to force your family to get certified? It would really suck if one of them died on the dive to see your remains though...that would make the papers for sure..

Yeah!
I can see it now, "Greiving family member dies diving at watery gravesite" then they would put a quote from some obscure neighboor who talked to them once in 15 years but is now the "official spokesperson".

-Crispy

I like the idea.

Wreck Writer you reminded me of a story a friend tells.

He is a private pilot. A friend of his took a rather wealthy older lady up to scatter the ashes of her husband.

They got to the spot and the pilot was about to tell the lady to hang on until he cut the engine so she could scatter the ashes. The next thing he knew he got smacked in thehface by a cloud of dust. Maybe he should have told her before departure?

The pilot got back down on the tarmack, the lady ran to her limo and sped off. My friend who tells the story got to help clean the plane.

TwoBit

Take my dead body and somehow treat it chemically so that it won't degarde in water. Then take it to depth and hide it away in a wreck somewhere to liven up the dives of those that pass through.

:thumb:

I dive with a mortician who would love to sell these bee hives in the Chesapeake. If it wasn't for those pesky oyster dredges . . .

I think there was the country western:

"Take me to my maker in a glad bag . . .

"Don't waste no fancy coffin on my bones. . .

"Put me on the curb

"Next Tuesday . . .

"And let the sanitation local- bear- me- home . . . ."

Okay, it's better with the music.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom