Light Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot:
what kind of a price difference?
(you are right they do look a lot like the Halcyons)

The Sandroff can is about 300 to 400 dollars less than the Halcyon Helios 9/18. That includes the battery and charger.

Stephen

The Sandoff is very pretty! I might have to have me one of those.

I would suggest a) go with the 18W, and b) look around at all your options first, just like you're doing. I have nothing against the Halcyon, it's a beautiful light, but there are other, less expensive ways to get into an 18W that are possibly just as good. There are some creative folks out there making some awesome gear.

I got my first 18W used for $400 on eBay. It has been a perfect light, without any problems, for the last year. So my point is, it's worth looking around.

Also, just as an aside, when I went to Hawaii with a buddy, I took my 10w and he took his 18w, and his light did a much better job than mine at lighting up the coral and pretty colors. :)

Bob - Grateful Diver just switched over to an 18 w. Now he is bragging and I'm jealous. I'd go with the 18 even though I love my 10 w.

overexposed2X:
Bob - Grateful Diver just switched over to an 18 w. Now he is bragging and I'm jealous. I'd go with the 18 even though I love my 10 w.

The problem with the 18w is the people who bought them, spoil the market. Otherwise we would all be happy satisfied 10 watters.

Speaking of which, gonna test out my spankin new 18w this weekend :D

Whirling Girl:
Also, just as an aside, when I went to Hawaii with a buddy, I took my 10w and he took his 18w, and his light did a much better job than mine at lighting up the coral and pretty colors. :)

Hmmm ... I was thinking to take my 10W to Bonaire with me, and leaving my expensive new toy safely at home. Now you've got me wondering if that's such a good idea.

The downside of owning too many toys, I guess ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

globaldiver:
Yes, this is especially true with the EKPP reflector.

Anders

I have the new Halcyon reflector, very much similar to the EKPP ones.

Gonna order in the EKPP ones as well though, interested to find out how much difference there is.

filtered:
I have the new Halcyon reflector, very much similar to the EKPP ones.

Gonna order in the EKPP ones as well though, interested to find out how much difference there is.

OK, what's a Reflector and what's a EKPP ??? :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom