Lighter jets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been putting together a vacation rig and have everything figured out except a good option for the fins. I really like my jets but as you know there like carrying a brick so not real good for vacation diving. I did a search and see some options but most of the threads are pretty old so I was wondering if there was anything new out. I would like to stick with the jets style and open foot pocket.

Regards

OMS Slipstream fins - about 1/2 the weight of jets.

slipstream-fin.jpg

Thanks for the reply's. Half the weight sounds perfect.

Quick question, do the OMS run pretty close size for size with the Jets?

It depends on the size. In the larger sizes the sizing is a bit different betwene the Jet and SLipstream fins as is the shape of the foot pcoket.

The XXL Slipstream is between the XL and XXL Jet Fin sizes. The slipstream foot pocket is not as square shaped as the Jet fin pocket and the top edge of the pocket is a bit stiffer, so it is just different.

On the other hand, with my size 10 to 11 wet suit boots, both the XL Slipstream and XL Jet fin work great for me with springstraps.

<snip> both the XL Slipstream and XL Jet fin work great for me with springstraps.

How do you find the Slipstreams compared to the Jets?? Any noticeable difference in terms of performance? (This question is open to anyone.)

It depends on the size. In the larger sizes the sizing is a bit different betwene the Jet and SLipstream fins as is the shape of the foot pcoket.

The XXL Slipstream is between the XL and XXL Jet Fin sizes. The slipstream foot pocket is not as square shaped as the Jet fin pocket and the top edge of the pocket is a bit stiffer, so it is just different.

On the other hand, with my size 10 to 11 wet suit boots, both the XL Slipstream and XL Jet fin work great for me with springstraps.
For travel I wear a soft boot and large jets are a perfect fit. I have looked on-line and no one seems to stock the large slip streams. OMS shows them on thier web site I hope they are available they look like what I am looking for.
Regards

For travel I wear a soft boot and large jets are a perfect fit. I have looked on-line and no one seems to stock the large slip streams. OMS shows them on thier web site I hope they are available they look like what I am looking for.
Regards

I wear a size 9 - 9.5, and got the XL Slipstream. The site I got mine on had the M and L sizings listed as not available yet. I haven't dived yet with mine, but I did take them to the pool and the XL fit fine. I just put springs on mine and am anxious to get under water.

I wear a size 9 - 9.5, and got the XL Slipstream. The site I got mine on had the M and L sizings listed as not available yet. I haven't dived yet with mine, but I did take them to the pool and the XL fit fine. I just put springs on mine and am anxious to get under water.
Thats roughly the same size as my foot. Which spring strap size did you go with?

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom