Lightest, smallest regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That looks like 2 Mineralwaterbotel Co Cartriges(some say Sodawater) with a

mouthpice.......E.L.7*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rebreather2.jpg

:wink:
Light? Check!
Small? Check!​

They should have one for you. You won't be dissappointed at all. Good breathing regulators.
Codman, thanks
You're right; I though the second stage mares proton 12 all are same. I checked again, the metal 2nd stage is 67 gram heavier than the plastic one.
I'll try to e-mail Joey of ST; hope still possible to change at least one of them. But, seem ST does not have the proton 12 plastic.

Hi,
I am looking for very small (not just the mouth piece) and light regulator for my 8 years daughter. She really enjoy bubble maker.
Thanks for any advise

What the hell are you doing taking an 8 year old diving???????????? Do you have any idea the kind of physical damage you are doing to her??? Not to mention that they are not mature enough to handle any problem.

Just one comment. I would urge you to buy things like regulators (life critical things) from a local dealer rather than an Internet store since you are likely to get better service.

Smfcpacfp
Thanks for the comment - that's probably true in many country - but in Brunei here, there's not much different between purchasing from Local agent (if any - but I don't think there's local dealer for any dive gears) or reputable on-line store. There's only one dive shop in the country selling various products with very limited choices.
My experience here, most local agent will act as post office only. I can understand as the market is too small to establish full technical support and after sales service. I had to wait more than 3 month just to fix my plasma TV.
That's also my reason to place order to the most reputable on-line shop such as Scubatoys. I believe they have excelent after sales service and will handle my problem immediately.
In fact - unbelieveable - I have received the package within 3 days !!! incredebly fast.
I also quite happy with the choices - indeed the metal is heavier than the plastic one but still considerably lighter - and much smaller than what we typically rented.

What the hell are you doing taking an 8 year old diving???????????? Do you have any idea the kind of physical damage you are doing to her??? Not to mention that they are not mature enough to handle any problem.

What damage? Heart or lungs or something? Would you please care to elaborate? Sincerely!

I don't understand why you are raising a fit. Overhere in Okinawa their was a Okinawan little girl at the age of 4 that went diving (Bubblemaker of course). A little extreme but successful. We also train Bubblemaker and if I recall correctly the minimum age is 8 yrs old. Jr. Open Water is 10 years old.

What damage? Heart or lungs or something? Would you please care to elaborate? Sincerely!

Yes please, please elaborate but in another thread with a link from this one. I would be very interested. (my son is only 2 but I think in a year or so he will be ready to blow bubbles!!)

The origional Micra no longer appears to be available. They do, however, have an adjustable version out.
The Micra ADJ 2nd stage weighs 6 ounces and with a Titan 1st stage runs $495 full RETAIL (don't pay this :D) If I can help you find one, PM me.

Yes, annoyingly, they've discontinued both the Micra Adjustable 2nd stage and the Cousteau (AKA "SEA") first stage -- which has been my primary reg for the last six years. I was lucky to find a DIN conversion kit for it recently, and also had it rebuilt, so it's good to go for a while. Very light, compact second stage. Adjustable, reliable, high-performance. Now that the first stage is DIN, I'm a happier camper. Highly recommended, if you can find one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom