Lightweight BCD - Suggestions ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Aqualung Zuma is one of my all time favorite BCDs. Its very simple yet works so well. It really locks the tank in and there is no shifting of the bcd on your body. It basically incorporates the tank and keeps it close to your center of gravity. As you said it doesnt feel like you are wearing a BCD. Diving with it is so effortless and the fact that it is lightweight and packs well is just bonus. Obviously if you want lots of storage or carry a lot of weight this BCD wont work. The small straps mess with my head but I suspect it is more robust than it appears. I looked up the tensile strength of nylon webbing and found 1" webbing .05" thick can hold up to 1000 lbs. The newer model bladders are now made with 420d material.

Cheers

Zeagle Scout. The best of the bunch.

In two years, my girlfriend has done about 100 dives in the 2nd generation version of the Aqualung Zuma and she loves it. No sign of wear whatsoever. I understand that the newer version is made of slightly thicker (hence tougher).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom