Line Markers and You!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

addohm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ive seen about a few different ways that people dive with line markers. Me? I still use the old bolt snap and pigtailed 5mm bungee. After seeing some really clever placements, I became more curious what others use. Show me the money!

If I’m wearing dry gloves and have poor dexterity, I use a clip like you mentioned. If I’m bare handed I put them in a zipper pocket on my drysuit. Specifically the one on the flap of the thigh pocket.

Ive seen about a few different ways that people dive with line markers. Me? I still use the old bolt snap and pigtailed 5mm bungee. After seeing some really clever placements, I became more curious what others use. Show me the money!
same edit: one set on each side of chest D ring

find of mine uses pegs if scootering as its quicker to put on and off

I have a bit of bungie across my lamp and Goodman handle where I can put them on.

Attachments

• GX017067_1691069478738_exported_1067~2.jpg
    GX017067_1691069478738_exported_1067~2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20230814_070300705~2.jpg
    PXL_20230814_070300705~2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 86
I keep the pig tail either on my butt or my left shoulder d-ring, depending on how often I’m using them and whether I’ll be passing any restrictions close to the line. I usually keep a cookie or two on my slate’s bungee as well, on my arm.

I tore apart my light’s goodman handle and added an elastic hand strap and bungee wrist strap instead of having the aluminum handle. Cookies and arrows live on the wrist bungee.

Hello,

I keep mine on the right shoulder d-ring. I move them there during the last equipment check.

Best wishes Jens

Anyone seen "3D" line markers in a cave ?

I'm cave 1 certified and just have plain flat "2D" white arrows and cookies. But with the advent of printed 3D custom printing I would expect there would be more shapes like pyramid, fingers, pistol, etc.
( I can hear the DIR folks smashing keyboards now )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom