Lionfish meal.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ate grilled Lion Fish for the first time last fall and it's incredibly delicious. I was also was on a dive boat in the Bahamas last summer and the crew caught a 5 gal. bucket full every day. They were selling them to a local eating establishment.

I can just see it now.... lion fish become so popular that come genius will declare them over fished and want them protected.

could we have a review?

Michael's restaurant is in a nice setting of Camama Bay (a shopping/residential/business center). Ate lunch (Lionfish sandwich) and dinner there (shared a whole grilled snapper). Nice restaurant (with some service problems). I thought the Lionfish sandwich itself was so so. It was fried (not my preference) with some garnish/relish. I mostly tasted the garnish/relish.

When I was in Bonaire, the DM said if you spot it and he can catch it, then he will clean it up and give it to you, if it is of good size and still in one piece. Of course, I was just taking pictures of them but not notifying the DM, but my wife, acting like the little Eichm4ns everybody was, was out there pointing every one she sees to the DM. So I still got to eat a few. Tastes similar to other endangered species like monkfish or patagonian toothfish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom